Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The STM Silicone Inlet Hoses for the V10 Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and the LP Gallardo features a smooth-flowing design compared to the rippled, factory piece. In dyno testing we found peak gains of 8 HP and 6 TQ with larger gains throughout the mid-range.

The factory breather fitting is incorporated and includes new hose clamps. The STM Inlet Hoses re-use your factory hose clamps for install and are a direct-replacement fit.

Average gains of 8 horsepower from 2500-8400 RPM and average gain of 9 foot-pounds of torque from 2500-8400 RPM. Testing was done on a 2014 Audi R8 and similar gains should be found on the Lamborghini models.

Features:
No tune required
Louder intake noise Installs in minutes
Faster throttle response
Smooth flowing design
Add torque and horsepower
Direct replacement fit
Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser

STM Products are made in the USA!
Lifetime Warranty on STM Parts to the original purchaser against manufacturing defects.

Includes:
(2) STM Silicone Inlet Hoses
(2) Stainless Hose Clamps (62003)

As always, Thank you for your support!

-Emery​

·
Super Moderator
3,981 Posts
Welcome to R8Talk and thank you for becoming a vendor before posting (I get tired of removing commercial posts that haven't joined the forum).

That looks to be a nice piece as turbulence through the ribbed connectors has to be an issue, so getting a more laminar air flow should be an improvement as you've shown on the dyno. Bravo!

I realize that the idea behind the ribbed pieces is for flex and vibration absorption between the intake manifold and the throttle bodies so seeing something in silicon is quite nice. Does it's job and then some!

In a similar vein I recently saw someone on the forum did some work on the rods that the butterfly valves in the TBs rotate on - they removed a bunch of material to get the flow turbulence down - I find it to be a tad excessive unless in a racing application where you do search for that extra .03 hp, but fully understand the concept.

Do a quick search on "Power Now" inserts for motocross bikes - it's another laminar flow item that helps with partial throttle openings. I was truly impressed with what a difference a small, flat plate made in throttle response and overall performance of my CRF450. It's something you guys may want to consider doing in an automotive application. The one major difference, though, would be that the bikes I ran this on used slide carbs instead of a rotating butterfly which I would imagine have dissimilar flow patterns. I don't know if Power Now makes inserts for the fuel injected (butterfly valve) systems or not. - guess I should go take a gander myself.

·
Super Moderator
3,981 Posts
Did a quick search on the Power Now item. Here is a page full of stuff from them: http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/powernow/

Doesn't look like it's being made anymore... EFI and a butterfly valve may not play well with it?

Do you have the inlet tubes in different colors? (I'll go look at your site now that I ask.)

Toss your link into your signature.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Just ordered a set. Will test on the Dyno when i tune.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered a set, got very fast shipping, the price was good, and they look so much better than the stock hoses. You can tell just by looking that they have to give better air flow

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does the discount code still work? I just got a 2018 Suzuka grey quattro and would like to get the fill intake set. Does it come with DIY install instructions?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts