Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock 2018 v10 plus vs standard 2017 v10 with VF tune .

Reactions: k3silk

·
Registered
927 Posts
It’s just the gearing that the plus has, it gives it total advantage.

Reactions: Rausky and jamieuk

·
Registered
927 Posts
even With a nonplus R8 and the V10 Plus had the same power output, the base model would feel slower, because it's geared taller in gears three through seven. 4 gears is significant, it’s not just a taller 7th or something.

Reactions: 4RINGS

·
Registered
136 Posts
even With a nonplus R8 and the V10 Plus had the same power output, the base model would feel slower, because it's geared taller in gears three through seven. 4 gears is significant, it’s not just a taller 7th or something.
Dude look how bad the tuned base gets gapped, that has nothing to do with marginally lower gear ratios. That tune is obviously not putting out the power its claiming.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys have to realize that CCM brakes help alot too . There is probably like 50lb savings in rotating weight on the v10+ car . Rotating weight is huge vs normal weight

·
Registered
38 Posts
The white car was mine. I didn’t have my traction control off. Also I notice on 3rd gear I was doing much better pulls. The r8 plus I know him very well his my boy. His a good driver but his car is not stock I can bet all my money on it. I asked him to race me again and disappear. His representing ginatni. Again his my boy I won’t talk **** but his car is not stock period. I did 20 rolls before he decided to race he always claims his cars are stock but they are NOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
The white car was mine. I didn’t have my traction control off. Also I notice on 3rd gear I was doing much better pulls. The r8 plus I know him very well his my boy. His a good driver but his car is not stock I can bet all my money on it. I asked him to race me again and disappear. His representing ginatni. Again his my boy I won’t talk **** but his car is not stock period. I did 20 rolls before he decided to race he always claims his cars are stock but they are NOT. People take racing so serious which is not someone will always be faster not matter what. He waited to see how much I was running then he decided to run with me. Again all respect know him long time.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Same power shorter gearing and lighter brakes...not surprising.
For whoever wants to "claim" the V10 Plus isn't stock, please enlighten me, what aftermarket stuff is out there for our car to make it faster short of forced induction? There's no cams, headers, etc. On a naturally aspirated motor a tune isn't going to gain you much. The only reason gains are huge on the base is because Audi neuters the base model. The V10 Plus tune gains are minimal at best.

·
Registered
38 Posts
He can run race gas!!! Tuned!!! He had exhaust system. Again my traction was on. Once my traction was completely I was running good number 143 145. Again I ran my car 50 times he ran his car 4 times. His my boy at the end of the day he beat me no excuses but he’s smart he knows when to run his car he would do 2 runs and wait for the car to cool off for 2 hrs I didn’t care. Also I don’t care who beats me or not is just for fun. If I want a fast fuking car and kill a lot of cars get a mustang with huge turbos and have a nice day. It’s not about who wins or not to me I don’t take it to seriously. Some people take that **** to the heart. But I will tell you just remember there will always be someone faster than you any day!!!!! So just fucken run it and stfu if you want to be the fastest get a hooked up car and call it a day. I drive my car all day every day I don’t baby them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Remember he supports gintani he can say whatever he wants his car is not stock period!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
For someone who "doesn't care" about the result sure don't sound like it. LOL.

Enjoyed watching the video, I've owned faster cars than the R8 before. Run what you brung and have fun. :)

Reactions: ervikingo and Milo

·
Registered
22 Posts
White car is the tuned non-plus (no spoiler which pluses have)

I’ve been telling them , they never heard me, so, here’s more proof, but they still won’t believe, TOTALLY WALKED...
don’t waste your breath.....
Dude look how bad the tuned base gets gapped, that has nothing to do with marginally lower gear ratios. That tune is obviously not putting out the power its claiming.
all the non plus owners ass hurt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The white car was mine. I didn’t have my traction control off. Also I notice on 3rd gear I was doing much better pulls. The r8 plus I know him very well his my boy. His a good driver but his car is not stock I can bet all my money on it. I asked him to race me again and disappear. His representing ginatni. Again his my boy I won’t talk **** but his car is not stock period. I did 20 rolls before he decided to race he always claims his cars are stock but they are NOT.

SURE BUDDY...

·
Registered
22 Posts
He can run race gas!!! Tuned!!! He had exhaust system. Again my traction was on. Once my traction was completely I was running good number 143 145. Again I ran my car 50 times he ran his car 4 times. His my boy at the end of the day he beat me no excuses but he’s smart he knows when to run his car he would do 2 runs and wait for the car to cool off for 2 hrs I didn’t care. Also I don’t care who beats me or not is just for fun. If I want a fast fuking car and kill a lot of cars get a mustang with huge turbos and have a nice day. It’s not about who wins or not to me I don’t take it to seriously. Some people take that **** to the heart. But I will tell you just remember there will always be someone faster than you any day!!!!! So just fucken run it and stfu if you want to be the fastest get a hooked up car and call it a day. I drive my car all day every day I don’t baby them.

😥WAAAAAA

·
Registered
16 Posts

hahahahahahahaha gapped

1 - 20 of 86 Posts