Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't spec these on mine, and I'm beginning to wish I had! It's my daily driver (picked it up March 2nd & loving it), and the lack of storage space for general cr*p is driving me mad. Anyone got pictures of theirs, and/or know if you can fit them retrospectively?

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is that the storage compartment under the seats? Don't you lose one of the standard features for that? Electronic seats I think...or was that when you get bucket seats?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I just checked. It comes with one either the convienience package or the other one. It's not a seperate option for US spec. Maybe for other countries it is though.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I didn't spec these on mine, and I'm beginning to wish I had! It's my daily driver (picked it up March 2nd & loving it), and the lack of storage space for general cr*p is driving me mad. Anyone got pictures of theirs, and/or know if you can fit them retrospectively?

Cheers

Andy
Just out of curiosity, what the heck did you ever store under your car seat with other cars? I thought the glove compartment was big enough for holding the typical glove compartment crap, and I can't say that I have ever intentionally put stuff under my seats. In every car I've ever driven, the seats have too many wires and rails under them to put anything.

·
Registered
617 Posts
In the UK, I was told this was going to be the storage pack option.

The optional storage pack will include a folding storage compartment under the front seats (manual only), nets on the back of the seats and a luggage net on the rear shelf. Expected to cost in the region of £190.

The rear shelf luggage net would be really useful in my opinion and the draws under the seats are good for a small umbrella for her in doors and a putting phones, cameras etc out of sight.

Although I do like the US spec for the draws.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedouglas View Post
Just out of curiosity, what the heck did you ever store under your car seat with other cars?

A gun, condoms, a big fat roll of $100s, and your usual selection of illegal drugs A box of kleenex would not go amiss either :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
this £190 "storage package" option was added to the latest price/spec brochure very recently (can download it from audi.co.uk) - came too late for my build though as I tried to add it in as I've not gone for electric seats.

I figured anything that either added storage or made it more practical would be a bonus.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm from the US and have a fully optioned R8 (carbon and r-tronic excluded)... the storage compartment under the seat is too small to be practical. I have a swiss army knife and a chap-stick in there but that's about all it will hold. The net behind the seats works fine though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

R8runner, any chance of some pics of the underseat storage & the net, just to satisfy my curiosity please?

I used to stuff a whole load of crap on the back seats of my M6, but it's all stuffed in the glovebox/doorbins/phone compartment/cupholders now. It's ok, but when it's your main car, every extra bit of space helps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this £190 "storage package" option was added to the latest price/spec brochure very recently (can download it from audi.co.uk) - came too late for my build though as I tried to add it in as I've not gone for electric seats.

I figured anything that either added storage or made it more practical would be a bonus.
Ah, well if it was too late for your build and you haven't got your car yet, that makes me feel better - I thought I'd messed up by not ordering it.

Quick trip to the dealer needed to see if they can retrofit it, I think.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

R8runner, any chance of some pics of the underseat storage & the net, just to satisfy my curiosity please?

I used to stuff a whole load of crap on the back seats of my M6, but it's all stuffed in the glovebox/doorbins/phone compartment/cupholders now. It's ok, but when it's your main car, every extra bit of space helps.
Your main car is a two seater? Yikes. Invest in a Honda.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I carry car chargers for cell phones, even my wife's phone, she always has a dead battery and no charger. I drop my wallet in there, it's stuffed with dead presidents and it's like sitting on a rock. I carry a torch and sometimes the case for my Oakley sun glasses.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts