Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car has been having this realy bad whining sound, it used to be on cold starts but today it just stayed all day and when I turn the wheel it feels like there is a grinding sound and rough feedback only on cold start......this is my first 4 wheel drive car and my friend says that the 4 wheel drive is busted.....just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything like this on there R8 before ??

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
my car has been having this realy bad whining sound, it used to be on cold starts but today it just stayed all day and when I turn the wheel it feels like there is a grinding sound and rough feedback only on cold start......this is my first 4 wheel drive car and my friend says that the 4 wheel drive is busted.....just wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything like this on there R8 before ??
There have been a number of comments in the past about the noise and juddering when turning at low speed when the tires are colds (some kind of scrubbing effect from the front tires). It is "normal" for this car. Here is one of them:
http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13598#post13598

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well found out what the problem was......my power steering oil was practicly non existant :p when I asked the audi mech. about it he says its normal on these cars ???......anyone else experience this, that and my car has 10000 kilos on it and Ive already toped it up 4 times.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had same problem - dealer also found power steering fluid dry. They did, however, say this was not normal and worked to find out if there was a leak. They ended up finding out the entire steering rack was bad and had to replace the entire assembly. Part had to be made and sent from Germany which ended up taking nearly 3 weeks but that solved the problem.

Hopefully they just didnt put in more fluid and wait until it breaks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts