Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case you did not see this.

There is an episode about the R8 at Infineon Raceway this coming Monday, 9/14/09.

"Audi R8/200 MPH - Tanner puts an R8 through its paces at the Audi R8 driving school at Infineon Raceway, then takes it to the street to prove its super versatility. At a Texas Mile…
Tanner puts an R8 through its paces at the Audi R8 driving school at Infineon Raceway..."

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/supercars-exposed

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a re-run of the episode that they had earlier in the year, but still nice to see him push the R8. It would have been fun to of been in the car when he was driving. He definetly had at least the first level of traction control turned off. Thought it was kind of funny that he thought it had the carbon/ceramic brakes and it had the black calipers (non-ceramic).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was wondering about the brakes statement. Good to see you can't believe everything they say on TV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On the same show they said the Ford GT has 500HP when it has 550HP!

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Overall it is a fun show that is accurate enough. It is set to autotape on my PVR. This episode was particularly fun to watch when I got back from 2 days at Infineon. I looked to see what had accumulated in the PVR and viola, there it was.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The Carrera G T could'nt hit 200. It was an over 750 H.P. Ford G T that could. I would like to go over and check that Texas mile out sometime.Hopefully the R 8s aerodynamics could allow a slightly modified R8 to hit 200. A V.F. supercharger and cover some of the R8s' front airblockers MAY do the trick. I think Tanner was a little afraid to really get on the cars at start of the run.The Carrera G T should have done better.:)

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I would like to go over and check that Texas mile out sometime
I heard a rumor that there might be a Texas Mile type event coming to the abandoned El Toro Marine Base in Irvine. Does anyone know more about this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts