1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,046 Posts
Yes guy's this kit is it !

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Looks like a pretty clean install, but it would still be nice if they made a new top cover for it that readable from the rear of the car. Needing to climb in the car to look out the back window to have "PES Supercharged" oriented correctly is kind of silly...

Does the V8 FSI cover piece still go on or do you have any other cover piece? How much boost does it generate? What gas are you running with it? I was under the impression that 12.5:1 compression was already pretty high for the 91 octane gas that is commonly available in several states. I know I can get 100 octane from a couple of stations, but the $8 a gallon and limited availability does not sound good. How many states is it leagal? I know it is new, but any progress on that?

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Not loving the look of it but is something to think about. I do like the dyno of the stock with just Stasis, Those are some very nice gains and in line with what Stasis had claimed. Whats the deal on installation?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like the idea of Supercharging and price is reasonable. BUT, don't like the idea of Water/Meth injection and "PES" Logo in reverse...
Ditto big time.

Think I will hang around for a year for any detonation stories.

Cant have any "unfortunate situations" when out getting my bananas can we ? :p

Cheers

-- Ozmunky

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had one of the SC'd R8's on the track at New Jersey Motorsport Park and pretty much passed the keys between three guys for almost five hours straight, romping on the car and getting a feel for what she can do on the open road (no other cars to worry about). This thing is SICK!! The car I just mentioned will be in the "Bull Run" next week ,another one of the R8's is being driven from our shop here in PA back to its home In Washington state.

Heres a dyno video I just got together. (Dyno numbers are withOUT Water/Meth) Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I haven't been on here in a while until now, but will confess that I am the crazy nut that will be driving my newly supercharged R8 back to the Seattle area from Philly at the end of this week (approx 2800 miles). So, what's more interesting: Iowa/Nebraska/Wyoming, or Minnesota/North Dakota/Montana?

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Avoid Iowa like the plague. Nebraska's not great either. When I lived in Wyoming, I would often hear a joke: "Why does the wind always blow east? Because Nebraska sucks so bad."

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Avoid Iowa like the plague. Nebraska's not great either. When I lived in Wyoming, I would often hear a joke: "Why does the wind always blow east? Because Nebraska sucks so bad."
Dang! And I was thinking North Dakota was going to be torture. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree on the Minnesota/ND/Montana route... don't even think of the Wyoming route. Just drove that 2 months ago.

I like the idea of only having to drive 2.5 hours to Gig Harbour from Portland to check out the mod. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts