Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Superfluous, thank you. The car is coming back today. I believe VF will do the final dyno on the Instagram live this morning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
R8 Fan you’re in Simi? I’m in West Hills and I got the same set up as FLsupraguy, would love to check out your set up when you get it back! Do you ever go to Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills by the AMC theater? They have an event every month, this Sunday they have one too it’s from 8-10am

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes sir HustlerX5. I plan on coming this Sunday. I go frequently but typically park a bit away from everyone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Quick question. If anyone on here knows of someone with a Gen1 S-tron factory Plus model exhaust system please ask them to DM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like many others I've mentally debated between twin turbos and a supercharger on my Gen1 V10 R8. After months of research both online and from speaking with car owners I gathered a good amount of information.

Some basics of what I figured out.

Twin Turbos will produce higher dyno numbers and more top end MPH. If you're mostly pushing your car from 90mph+, such as in half mile events or intense freeway racing, you may want to consider twin turbos. The "numbers" battle will likely be won going the TT route. Next thing I learned about going the TT route is you better be patient. The window of when most reputable companies can get you in for a start date is anywhere from 4-12 weeks out. The time frame for them to have your car is an additional couple months. Only two companies quoted install times under 6-7 weeks. Of those (no names) I spoke with owners directly who said those time frames were far exceeded. Some owners had their cars gone for 5+ months after being told it would only be a 5 week install. Now this is just my opinion, so I'm not looking for an opinion battle... the companies I would feel 100% confident giving my car to are; Dallas Performance, Fast Intentions (when they have time) and Underground Racing. All three have proven to be highly liked by owners of their cars and have masterful installs.

Supercharger...you have two big brands to consider. VF Engineering and ESS. Two different supercharges so this isn't just a comparison of installers or brand name. With either one you won't produce the WHP figures being advertised by TT companies. The MPH in half mile events may likely not equal those of TT cars. For both of these comparisons I'm talking about the same car with either system. The supercharger will however get you going quicker giving you an easier launch and great 0-100 times. The TT car in many cases has to play catch up to beat the supercharged car to the finish line (if it catches up in time). The wait time to get in for a supercharger install is quick (1-3 weeks). The install time is also very quick (4-6 DAYS). These systems have been mastered for easy installs that are reversible if later desired. The power of the supercharged cars is very usable in all driving scenarios. For people like me who like blasting around town with a lot of 0-80mph sprints, fast canyon drives and some freeway stupidity, the supercharger works well.

In the end I chose the supercharged route. I then researched both the companies. Each company had positive feedback from owners. However VF-Engineering really stood out. VF has many more proven cars on the road from their years of being in the industry. My car is presently at VF getting their system installed. I went to their shop in person to see what kind of place had my loved car. The place is spotless! Super clean which showed no sign of cars being mistreated or ignored. The owner, main man (Gary) and installer were all easy to speak with taking time to answer ALL my many questions. They were 100% honest of what to expect, and what not to expect. So far my dyno numbers were spot on to what they said. My car will come back next week. Until then I can say that I'm super excited as the whole experience with them has been terrific.
I have a question, how much more HP you got out of your supercharger?

·
Supporting Vendor
431 Posts
I have a question, how much more HP you got out of your supercharger?
Our Gen. 1 R8 V10 Supercharger System pushes 750HP and 520TQ. (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts