Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'm trying to read up on the ABT, but on their website (at least the English part) I can't find anything about the s/c for the R8. The MTM is way above my price range -47k Euro, which converted to Canadian is 50% of what I'm paying for the car itself (not including cost to ship the car to and from MTM's shop, potential costs for repairs with the car warranty voided etc.)

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
BZ888, We are developing one right now. Its with one of the oldest and most reputable tuner houses in the USA, who for years now, have made the best superchargers for BMW, Audi, and Porsche in the USA.

I'm sure a public info release will be made in Jan. with the supercharger stage 1 kits going on sale soon afterward. Each kit will be using a power setting that has been fully tested with 100's of hours of hard track testing. As each succeeding power level is added, that power boost level is then proven safe and completely reliable. Only then will that higher power level upgrade kits be released. The complete supercharger is being made of the highest quality, but will NOT be priced as to rob the owners of R8 simply because the supercharger is for a more trendy. expensive car.

More info later.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
The complete supercharger is being made of the highest quality, but will NOT be priced as to rob the owners of R8 simply because the supercharger is for a more trendy. expensive car.
best bit of info outta that whole infomercial. I really hate the way parts are priced for this car. It's like they think "If they can afford it, why not stiff them here too?".

I mean... 2k for ONE sideblade? That's an entire body kit on some cars!

·
Registered
943 Posts
best bit of info outta that whole infomercial. I really hate the way parts are priced for this car. It's like they think "If they can afford it, why not stiff them here too?".

I mean... 2k for ONE sideblade? That's an entire body kit on some cars!
That's business. However, another major reason for expensive parts is that it's low volume. R8 parts would be cheaper if they sold 50-100K a year.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
That's business. However, another major reason for expensive parts is that it's low volume. R8 parts would be cheaper if they sold 50-100K a year.
Very fair point there

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thats great news. I will consider it! 47000 Euros is crazy! Who's gonna pay that!! :[
agreed, would rather trade up to a V10 for that price.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Bodhii, I'm really keen to see what you guys can do! The R8 drivetrain can definately handle the extra HP as the V10 will be using the same gearbox and drive shafts etc. The only weakpoint may be the engine. However, I'm prepared to take the risk. Keep the info coming!! :)

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
A friend emailed me this. Don't know anything about it, but it looks pretty hot!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Thats more than $35,000 USD for a supercharger!! :eek:
LOL... That's complete insanity!! It's hard to believe that this Novidem is actually LESS expensive than the MTM or the PPI R8 superchargers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have also been following the supercharger options and have posted information on the MTM option, which I agree is ridiculously overpriced. Consider that you can purchase high quality supercharger kits for the Z1 for $5K or less. Bodhii please keep us (me) informed I would definitely be interested in a reasonably priced supercharger option.

·
Registered
482 Posts
that is way too much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts