Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that they are exactly identical. But somehow the Gallardo feels like a tank compare to the R8. I am missing something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Gallardo (2004) is stiffer...more like the R8 in magnetic ride mode. I think the R8 is more advanced with the adjustable suspension, however the Gallardo is amazing when put under a load or at high speed. The R8 with the magnetic ride on is pretty great on the road and track but I think the Gallardo is stiffer. Both suspensions suit the cars...the R8 is not as extreme as the Gallardo and the suspension matches that presence.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I am comparing against Superleggera and earlier models..
"...the R8 will donate its rear suspension and a number of other unspecified components to the Gallardo as part of a mid-life face-lift planned for the midengine two-seater in 2008.

The new rear suspension, a development of the Gallardo's existing double-wishbone setup, adopts a trailing link within its design that's claimed to provide added toe-in effect for what Hackenberg describes as "more controlled cornering."

Hackenberg, who has recently been chosen to oversee new-car development at Volkswagen, says the new arrangement will be tuned to suit the Gallardo's more sporting nature, with unique bushings and anti-roll bar rates helping to set it apart from the R8...."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts