Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics that are better than the ones floating around the web? Never seen one before. From the pics I've seen so far, it almost seems white.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
You can see a Suzuka Grey R8 in these pictures from the LA Auto Show. Yes, it looks white. Don't know what color is on the adjacent Audis, but perhaps if you can determine that, you can get a better comparison...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It really does look white. I'm guessing the Ibis White is a much brighter tone of white?

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
The Suzuka Grey is metallic; the Ibis White is not. See for example DSC04614.jpg (closeup of the R8 emblem) at the above referenced link. I suspect the Suzuka Grey is going to look variously light grey or white depending on the lighting conditions.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I looked at a R8 that was Suzuka Grey over the summer that was for sale locally. I don't like white cars personally but this was OK on a R8. Would look better IMO on a SUV. Suzuka Grey appears white from a distance but when you get closer it is a metallic color that picks up colors around it. If you park it next to a blue car, it will pick up a blue hue.

Here are a couple of pics.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anyone have pics that are better than the ones floating around the web? Never seen one before. From the pics I've seen so far, it almost seems white.

My Suzuka Grey R8 is hitting my dealership the week of 1/5 which I ordered 12 months ago. I spent some time with an S8 in that color and its very sharp. I believe its a 'pearl effect' color. From a distance, it is white. As you near the car, its color looks grey. The car appears different under different lighting conditions... sunny days, cloudy days, etc. Its very cool. I will try and take some hi-res potos of it next month

·
Registered
482 Posts
My Suzuka Grey R8 is hitting my dealership the week of 1/5 which I ordered 12 months ago. I spent some time with an S8 in that color and its very sharp. I believe its a 'pearl effect' color. From a distance, it is white. As you near the car, its color looks grey. The car appears different under different lighting conditions... sunny days, cloudy days, etc. Its very cool. I will try and take some hi-res potos of it next month
Wish I knew about this color when I ordered the car! Congrats though

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi resonate, i had the intention to change my spec to suzuka for one or two weeks or so and spent nights with searching the web for photos. saw one once (in Neckarsulm), i think no photo can ever show how this color looks in real... Anyway, the ,best' one i've found i post here: (sorry, had to resize it due to uplode limits) View attachment 625

forgot: i did not spec suzuka (and remained with daytona). reasons:
1. too expensive.
2. too beautiful for this world.

·
Registered
482 Posts
hi resonate, i had the intention to change my spec to suzuka for one or two weeks or so and spent nights with searching the web for photos. saw one once (in Neckarsulm), i think no photo can ever show how this color looks in real... Anyway, the ,best' one i've found i post here: (sorry, had to resize it due to uplode limits) View attachment 625

forgot: i did not spec suzuka (and remained with daytona). reasons:
1. too expensive.
2. too beautiful for this world.
out of curiosity, what is the cost adding suzuka grey?

·
Registered
647 Posts
In EU Suzuka Grey Metallic M1M1(and it is not Pearl Effect color) is from October 2008 standard upcharge color for R8(and non cost option for R8 V10).

Suzuka Grey Metallic comes with Ice Silver side blades.

Other new color is Lava Grey Pearl Effect 1R1R, it comes with Quartz Grey side blades.
Mugello Blue Pearl Effect and Monterrey Green Pearl Effect are discontinued because of low demand and are available only as Audi Exclusive colors.

Sepang Blue Pearl Effect E9E9 that comes with Mugello Blue side blades is standard color on R8 V10(as special offer for that model only). On normal R8 that color is Audi Exclusive upcharge item.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts