Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like it?! :cool:

I never seen in Real Life :rolleyes:

Do you prefer classic Ibis White or Suzuka Gregy?!

In photo are identical :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
246 Posts
You want to take it from here, Russ? =)

·
Registered
190 Posts
You want to take it from here, Russ? =)
Thank's for the intro, Whirlin'...Suzuka Grey... where do I begin? Id like to think I've influenced at least one or two people somewhere on this globe to choose Suzuka Grey over Ibis White. Ive had 3 Ibis cars and this is my first Suzuka so having lived with both, I have decent insight. Its a very unique color, not quite grey, not really white. Its the color of smoke and it changes in different lighting conditions. Suzuka is a 3 dimensional color with a great deal of depth whereas Ibis is a 2 dimensional 'flat' color. If you're a painter, Ibis would be a 'matte' finish and Suzuka would be 'satin'.

If you're truly torn between Ibis and Suzuka, I have an email that describes the Ibis vs Suzuka situation complete with pictures of them next to one another. Only then will you really see the difference. I can't embed the pics into this posting. If you give me an email address, Id be happy to forward it to you.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm probably going the Suzuka route, now that my Titanium wheels got rejected. Back to the AE catalog after all.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've never seen it in person. Does it have any metallic flakes to it?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Please look at the pic in my gallery of four R8s . White is very nice. But if you notice the white R8 just does'nt show the lines of the car very well. The R8 has FREAKIN BAD ASS lines compared to say an F430 which has all those beutiful CURVES.(in the bodies)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
But if you notice the white R8 just does'nt show the lines of the car very well
I can see what you mean on that pic. Suzuka grey TT RS has much more defined lines than the white TTs (hope i got those right :eek:)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I'm not sure you looked at the right pics. I have NO TT's in my gallery .The pic I refer to: four R8s ,My blue, then Kens silver, then Despys' white ,then R84MEs' silver. See how the lines of the fenders get accented differently ? Personally I think white does'nt do the car justice. :)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Yeah , I deduced that ,AFTER I saw your guys new threads.I think being in America our ( U.S.) threads get posted a few seconds faster than you guys across the pond.The Internet isn't as blindingly fast as I thought!!!:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
So, money no object (as if), what's the poll? Ibis White or Suzuka Gray?

I gotta' make up my mind, pronto.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Suzuka of course, Ibis is just another white car.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts