Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Option 1: SF10

Option 2: SF7

Finish, I'm planning to do a matte black face, gloss black lip

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Just too darn similar to stock wheels to dish money out for (IMHO).Go craZy man ...check out the carbon fiber with magnesium spokes painted any colors/ combos you'd like. Other r8 owners won't admit it but that C.F.wheel has no drawbacks.Other than cost.:eek: Don't get me wrong those two wheels are **** beutiful.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Just too darn similar to stock wheels to dish money out for (IMHO).Go craZy man ...check out the carbon fiber with magnesium spokes painted any colors/ combos you'd like. Other r8 owners won't admit it but that C.F.wheel has no drawbacks.Other than cost.:eek: Don't get me wrong those two wheels are **** beutiful.
For BLING, go nuts. For performance, go CF to reduce that unsprung weight!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: System Forged Wheels

I like... how deep is the dish or what size rims and offsets?

Also... r they forged and what is the weight?

I like your choice for the center but consider a a brushed aluminum, hypersilver or anthracite for the rims... and not a gloss.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input so far guys! I'm pretty carbon'd out from my previous rides. As for weight, not a huge concern since I won't be tracking the R8.

They're 3pc forged - I'm going to give Revolution a call tommorow to see what is the most aggressive fitment option there is. I want to go hellaflush!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
TT_R8

They both look super. And they both look modern and will work perfect with the R8's modern design. And I'm sure they are plenty strong and light enough to maintain the highest level of performance.

To me the old fashion, stepped lip designs look way too dated for the ultra modern design of the R8. Also with the R8, I think the spoke design needs to cover as much outer area as possible, like both of these do. Otherwise, on the R8 the wheels look undersized and silly.

As to the color,.. I will never understand all BLACK wheels. No matter how beautiful the design, 85% of the time the design is completely swallowed up by the black shadows of the wheel well. But I love the darker look too. So I suggest try a very dark matte gray color, like Porsche Atlas gray, or maybe anthracite. They will look very dark, almost black, but you will be able to see the great wheel design.

I can't make out the center logo. Who makes these?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the in depth feedback Bodhii!

I will take it into consideration regarding the finish. As my R8 is black, I wanted a very sleek subtle look.

System Forged is manufactured by 360 Forged Wheels - www.360forged.com

TT_R8

They both look super. And they both look modern and will work perfect with the R8's modern design. And I'm sure they are plenty strong and light enough to maintain the highest level of performance.

To me the old fashion, stepped lip designs look way too dated for the ultra modern design of the R8. Also with the R8, I think the spoke design needs to cover as much outer area as possible, like both of these do. Otherwise, on the R8 the wheels look undersized and silly.

As to the color,.. I will never understand all BLACK wheels. No matter how beautiful the design, 85% of the time the design is completely swallowed up by the black shadows of the wheel well. But I love the darker look too. So I suggest try a very dark matte gray color, like Porsche Atlas gray, or maybe anthracite. They will look very dark, almost black, but you will be able to see the great wheel design.

I can't make out the center logo. Who makes these?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Has COR checked out Harrisons' wheels? They look Anthracitic sick.It's actually a darker chrome over the stock 19" forged wheel.Not as black as I wish but after blackening out the whole insides I think I will have come close to perfection.(IMO).:) And the Audi center caps are more suited to the new finish as well.My stock center caps are GREY !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts