Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I did it in September. Took the red eye to Franfurt and then the train to Stuttgart where I was picked up by Audi. The lovely Audi girl driver said she would have been happy to pick me up in Franfurt... anyway, I got the 25 cent tour of the factory (cool) purchased some neat stuff at the Audi Forum and spent the night in Stuttgart. (I suggust you ask for a Nav system as the one for the US spec car does not work in Europe). I drove to Berlin, ran the marathon, then I dropped the car off in Amsterdam and it was re-delivered to me in the US 5 weeks later. If you need more info, give me a PM with your telephone number and I'll call you. BTW, I had the car up to 155 mph... would have gone faster but I was advised to go easy on the engine during it's break in period.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my local dealer says that if i drive the car in germany then he is selling me a used car and he can oly sell new cars... did your dealer give you any problems?

·
Registered
943 Posts
my local dealer says that if i drive the car in germany then he is selling me a used car and he can oly sell new cars... did your dealer give you any problems?
That is bullshit. You have to pay for it before you get it in Germany, so e isn't selling it again.

·
Registered
183 Posts
"You have to pay for it before you get it in Germany, so he isn't selling it again."

Exactly... I paid for the car (I couldn't lease it) before I left for Germany.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did it in March of this year. Flew into Frankfurt and Audi picked me up at the airport and drove me to stuttgurt. The next morning they pick you at the hotel and drive you to the factory to pick up your car. It is an amazing experiance and since you bought an R8 you get a vip tour including the R8 factory which is off limits to everybody else. The one drawback is it took almost 8 weeks to get the car here after I dropped it off in europe. The R8 is the only car you do not get a discount on for doing european delivery, at least that is what my dealer told me. I financed mine so I don't know if you could lease it but I believe you were able to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so you have to pay for the shipment yourself?
No shipment is free. You drop off your audi in one of 15 cities (I dropped mine off in Barcelona) and Audi takes care of everything else and then you go to your dealer that you purchased the car from to take redelivery here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts