Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh, after months and months the search function seems to be working again now :)

Ooops, I spoke too soon. Sorry, not working now

·
Registered
372 Posts
Using this page as an example, I've just realised I have been trying the Google Custom and then tapping the Search button to it's right. That is near the top of the page on the right hand side. That still doesn't work.

However, a little further down the page on the right, below the Site Navigation grey edged box there is a grey box with >>Search Advanced Search

That actually works but is only visible from the sub pages or sub forums. The one I keep trying for ages is on the
'today's posts' page where there is only the top of the page Search option.

If that makes sense and I've described it properly. If I havent I can post screenshots with arrows. If that would help.

·
Administrator
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey there,

So unfortunately, that search function is called "Sphinx" which we're planning to replace due to its lack of efficiency when searching the forum.
At the moment, we would recommend users to use the Google Custom Search in the meantime.
But yes, please send us a screenshot of the steps you took to search and we'll look into it :)

Ed

·
Registered
129 Posts
A nonrelated question; every time I log in I see a blue ribbon indicating an unread message however, I see no unread messages. Thank you

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Also the garage function still doesn't work. If you click on 'garage' it doesn't take you to the persons pictures.

·
Administrator
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there,

Can you try marking all your messages as read and see if that notification is still there?

I could replicate the garage issue and have sent in a ticket to get this fixed.
Case: #3101102

Ed

·
Registered
129 Posts
My bad.... I thought that I had clicked all them however, after methodically going through them the message is gone.

Sorry for the hassle and thank you for your help.

Takes care.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I could replicate the garage issue and have sent in a ticket to get this fixed.
Case: #3101102

Ed
Some feedback.
Hi, the link to the garages now works, but if you click to look at someone's garage the link returns you to the forum start.
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I'm guessing the garage issues couldn't be fixed or were and are once again not working? I'm pretty new to the forum and was going to add my vehicles to my garage but every time I click on my garage it sends me right back to the first page of the forums.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Also, didn't know where to post a question with a new thread as the area "R8talk.com Site Issues & Website Help" doesn't seem to allow any new posts or questions. So if this was the wrong place or thread, sorry and feel free to move it to the correct location

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I'm using Google chrome on an HP running window's 10 Pro. I just tried it again. I clicked on My Garage and it brought me back to the forum first page. When I click on Garage it lets me see the thumbnail and name of others that posted the photos, but if I try to click and view someone else's garage, it again takes me back to the same first page of the forums and I can't get to their photos.

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
I'm using Google chrome on an HP running window's 10 Pro. I just tried it again. I clicked on My Garage and it brought me back to the forum first page. When I click on Garage it lets me see the thumbnail and name of others that posted the photos, but if I try to click and view someone else's garage, it again takes me back to the same first page of the forums and I can't get to their photos.
Same for me, it's never worked!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts