Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 12 years I needed to sell my 2009 V8. I have enjoyed everyday of ownership. I used to say the Audi R8 is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I now say it is the most fun you can have, period. My R8 put a smile on my face every time I would see it, whether in my garage, coming out from a store, restaurant or at the track.

I have met some of the best friends I have in life from this forum. I had the best times in my life sharing times at the track with friends from this forum. Look up "can you say close" to see just one example of fun times. Going sideways at 156 miles per hour at turn one at Brainerd International Speedway made my heart go pitter patter. Look up some of the early "looks and stares" to see how people 12 years ago reacted to the R8. I have found myself watching some old videos of my R8 at the track on YouTube since I sold my car, grrr8r8. I wish I were a better driver so I could have gotten more out of this spectacular automotive achievement.

I have learned so much from this forum and the members. What a class act this forum is for its members. Thank you to all who have helped me and been my friend.
Don

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Thank you too Don for all your contributions over the years . I hope you will continue to drop by now and again and say hi.

·
Administrator
6,191 Posts
You will be missed. What's up next ?

Reactions: Pjtheentrepreneur

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Thank you for all your contribuitions over the years, big question - what is the R8´s replacement, if any?

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased a new A8L. My previous A8L gave up the ghost and I needed a sedan.

Reactions: YoloR8 and DaveL

·
Registered
720 Posts
Keeping it in the family is good. Good Luck in your travels and stay well.

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
Don, thank you for the years of awesome contribution and discussion here - I sure hope you'll continue to stick around. With 12 years of ownership under your belt, you certainly have a lot share here regardless of what's in the garage!

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your kind words. I could not have enjoyed my R8 or the forum more.

·
Registered
2007 AUDI R8 (GATED MANUAL)
880 Posts
sorry you had to sell your r8 but at least you still have an awesome 4 rings as a replacement. maybe somday you'll be able to acquire one again. like you...i have been an audi fanatic since i was a kid. good luck with your new A8L...it will not disappoint for sure. you'll probably be the next transporter;). take care bud and happy holidays:)

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Thank you for your contribution here. I still feel the same after 7 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts