1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wash...check
Fuel top up and stabilizer...check
Battery tender...check

I envy any R8 owners that don't have to deal with snow. Just put mine away as I heard salt trucks were already out and about after the few tiny snowfalls we had in November. Oh well...

Still looking to attend my first car meet so hoping things get better next year pandemic-wise.

Stay safe all.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ottawa

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow. Nice work... so you prop it up on the green wheel things? Is that better than just leaving on the garage floor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Nice work... so you prop it up on the green wheel things? Is that better than just leaving on the garage floor??

My garage is a bit smaller than a true double car garage. With those I can push the R8 all the way to the side of the garage and have enough room to park the Q7 in there as well. Not sure if they help any with bald spots but used that system last summer with no issues.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My garage is a bit smaller than a true double car garage. With those I can push the R8 all the way to the side of the garage and have enough room to park the Q7 in there as well. Not sure if they help any with bald spots but used that system last summer with no issues.
Great idea! Do you use those
Small stones to get it up on there?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Darn! We never connected this season. We did a bunch of cruises and drives. We’ll get you out next year for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great to see more local people. I’m in Kitchener! Fairly new to this also. Where did you get those wheel things? I gotta get ready to put mine away....argh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great idea! Do you use those
Small stones to get it up on there?

No I use a low profile jack. Those stones are just there to prevent anything from moving. Garage is in on little bit of a slop and those dolly work so well that last year the car started moving out of the garage while on the dolly. Almost had an heart attack. But the good thing about it is that I can easily move the r8 by myself that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to see more local people. I’m in Kitchener! Fairly new to this also. Where did you get those wheel things? I gotta get ready to put mine away....argh.
Got them at princess auto. Can remember how much they were but couldn’t find any dolly as wide as those anywhere.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Right there with you. Put mine away a week and a half ago. Gonna be a long 6 months

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
woke up with snow on the ground this morning so my time will be coming soon, its a sad thing!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't mind a bit of cool weather down here in Florida especially after a long hot & humid summer but that snow on the roads with salt.........ya'll can keep that stuff! :cool: Our winter months are the time when car shows are much more prevalent and so much more enjoyable and we really do get to enjoy our cars. I really do feel for all car lovers and enthusiastic drivers who have to endure long cold winters before finely getting the opportunity to enjoy their passion for cars. Hunker down and lets hope spring comes early for all our northern friends.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well Thursday and Friday looks like 10-13 degrees! Im gonna drive it one last time before I put it away for a few months! It’s gonna be a long winter......

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Yeah, winter time... blah. I enjoy it through the holidays but would gladly trade January - March.

I thought I'd get some more driving in before the winter, but it looks like it may be early to bed this year for the R8. Once the salt comes out, it's all over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
On another note. Once putting away and have your trickle charger hooked up. Do you arm the alarm? Or do you just leave it unlocked?

·
Registered
120 Posts
On another note. Once putting away and have your trickle charger hooked up. Do you arm the alarm? Or do you just leave it unlocked?
I leave the frunk lid down but not completely shut so it just clicks past the catch and then I set the alarm normally - haven't had any issues from doing this and I'd be uncomfortable leaving it unlocked as it would invalidate the insurance if anyone broke in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts