Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've seen the 2008 car out in 2007 and the 2009 car out in 2008 - does anyone know if there will be a 2010 car out next year?

I'm interested because mine is now arriving in May and I would be interested to know if there would be differences.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if the R8 is going to be discontinued? If so, I don't think there is anybody that can answer your question at this point. There are rumors, but none that are confirmed. And most likely, it won't be discontinued.

Although the 2009 models are out, it's still 2008 right now. IMHO, 2010 is still a far reach for anybody to know what changes are gonna happen.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the question wasn't whether there was going to be one or not - note I said I'll be getting mine in May, so I doubt they'd cancel it before then.

I'm not looking to 2010 - just 6 months from now. As the 2009 model is being sold in 2008 and had some differences from the 2007 model, I wondered if anyone knew if there were updates in the near future.

·
Registered
172 Posts
2010 models will not be released until August 1, 2009 (at least that is the rule in the US). 2010 cars will begin to arrive in July 2009.

This means that your car will be a 2009 model. As to changes for 2010 I have not heard of any except that full LED lights should be an option (even in the US) although this may already be a late 2009 option.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

I do have an option of full LED lights already (but in the UK). I was really hoping they'd sort out the iPOD issues .... oh well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked with my dealer and they said that the only change for the 2010 car is the option of ceramic breaks.

I was keen on having the same ICE as the A5, but was told that this will not happen anytime soon. Apparently the R8 has 40 aerials built into it (I still can't believe this) and they are having trouble with the newer unit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Isn't the big deal for 2010 the V10 engine, or have I missed something?

I plan to put a 2010 R8 V10 on order soon.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually yes - that was mentioned, but I was more concerned about the R8 I was buying!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Here's a reliable source, close to Audi and often running "breaking" news about development, that says "don't be surprised" to see an improved 4.2 v8 in the R8, based on upcoming engines for the RS4 and (new) RS5; would surely be nice to see some of the other items mentioned, like ADS, 7 spd. S-tronic and the bucket seats (not currently avail. in US).

They suggest the (engine, at least) changes will come in the R8's "product cycle," whatever that is:confused: Given the suggested time frame for the RS 4 & 5, I suppose some of this could be on tap for the 2010 R8. Another 50 hp. would be great, especially if accompanied by a 2 clutch "DSG", and would confirm my inclination to prefer a v8 over a v10, at least for those who would "daily drive" and are not afflicted with a "mine's bigger" complex ;)
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_4182.shtml

·
Registered
62 Posts
The DSG transmission (at least the current one) is not suited for rear (or mid) engine mount applications. Only front engined. So it will be a while before we see it in the R8.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts