Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
THE Audi R8 Blackbird. For Sale. Behold.
With aftermarket work - both mechanical and electronic - installed by our very own good friends at AI Design, anyone interested in owning something with very unique and rare capabilities should contact the owner at [email protected].

The car has a Capristo exhaust that roars at the start of the video.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I have to agree, I never found the car appealing to begin with. I guess some law enforcement agency out west might find use for it

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Just for the record...back east,what rides do you find appealing ??

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Are you asking for a list of what cars I personally find appealing (besides the R8 since I obviously own one)? Or what folks on the east coast generally find appealing?

Not too sure what either of those would have to do with my dislike of this overly modded beaut though.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Sorry to confuse. Do you have pics of yours:) on line? I thought the exterior of the black R 8 was pretty nice...All the extra electronics don't appeal to (impress) me much either.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sorry but this R8 has been excessively pimped...
Why would such completely hidden 'mods' be so objectionable? I find the word "excessively pimped," very confusing, unless it was meant to only convey a deeper hostility.

The car was put together to compete in a charity fund raising, multi-staged, cross-country car race. The modifications were done with that one event in mind, and are NOT visible on the exterior, except for a couple of small antennae. I agree in not wanting to pay for many, many useless electronic gadgets. Its not the kind of thing I would want to own. Too much excessive weight without enough useful function. But why the anger?

The car is a bit of a historic landmark in the USA, in that it was the first Audi R8 to gain a wide public recognition. The recognition was not for its gaudy, flamboyant exterior, but rather for it obvious lack of one.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Are those the V10 wheels ? Very nice blacked out like that. I would trade my R 8 for that one maybe !

·
Registered
340 Posts
Why would such completely hidden 'mods' be so objectionable? I find the word "excessively pimped," very confusing, unless it was meant to only convey a deeper hostility.

The car was put together to compete in a charity fund raising, multi-staged, cross-country car race. The modifications were done with that one event in mind, and are NOT visible on the exterior, except for a couple of small antennae. I agree in not wanting to pay for many, many useless electronic gadgets. Its not the kind of thing I would want to own. Too much excessive weight without enough useful function. But why the anger?

The car is a bit of a historic landmark in the USA, in that it was the first Audi R8 to gain a wide public recognition. The recognition was not for its gaudy, flamboyant exterior, but rather for it obvious lack of one.
Bodhii - no hostility here just that it looks like a pimp mobil to me. Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I think of the term "pimpmobile", images of escalades or blinged out ferraris wiith 22' chrome wheels come to mind. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but to me at least, a black R8 with black seems the opposite of "pimpmobile".

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Sorry to confuse. Do you have pics of yours:) on line? I thought the exterior of the black R 8 was pretty nice...All the extra electronics don't appeal to (impress) me much either.
My car is stock save for color-matched markers that I've yet to put on and an XPEL install: http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1956/243/21/528253679/n528253679_1150431_1562.jpg

Still don't see the relevance... are you questioning whether or not I actually have an R8 because I don't like the one posted here?

Bodhii - no hostility here just that it looks like a pimp mobil to me. Not my cup of tea.
I'd say the opposite... it's not like pimp my ride, but it doesn't look classy either which is what I like in a car. It looks like a police department got a hold of it.

When I think of the term "pimpmobile", images of escalades or blinged out ferraris wiith 22' chrome wheels come to mind. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but to me at least, a black R8 with black seems the opposite of "pimpmobile".
I agree. Still not appealing (to me) though.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Actually yes ,I was wondering if your R 8 was maybe black also and just did not like the electronic gadgets. Your R 8 is beutiful too ! Just wondering...Does my R 8 seem pimped out to you ? It's quite all right if you do !! Have a nice Sunday !:cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
April '09 Featured AZ'er: GR8 Ghost's 2008 R8

http://www.audizine.com/features/azer.php?azid=25&p=1

... As rare as it is to see an R8 on the roads, it may be even more rare to see an owner of one on the enthusiast forums that is modifying their car in any serious way. Once we saw Andre in the Audizine R8 Forums and what he was doing both to and with his R8 we knew we'd be writing an article on him sometime in the not-so-distant future. With his eyes firmly set on a brand-new V10 R8 we knew we couldn't delay too long, so here we are. Andre and his 2008 Phantom Black V8 FSI R8 are our Featured AZ'er for April 2009. You may or may not already be familiar with The Blackbird and its owner from their run in the recent 2008 Bullrun which took them over 3500 miles across the United States in five days. For those that aren't aware, the car was expertly fitted with a number of gadgets and goodies to make their trip more...shall we say...safe and secure. We won't go into detail about said modifications as it's been covered on the forums and within other articles, but we were lucky enough to get some killer photos from Andre so we'll let those do the talking. They'll show exactly where the aforementioned Agent 007 comes in, and why he'd be extremely envious...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts