Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno proven. Proprietary in-cabin valve control. Designed, developed and manufactured in-house.

Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just picked this car up from AWE to return to Jeff (forum user "esor8")

This system is sensational! The SwitchPath feature is so nicely executed and it sounds like an exotic V10 now.

Nice work as always AWE :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R8 V10 dyno charts released.

The AWE Tuning R8 V10 SwitchPath Exhaust delivers maximum power gains of +21 horsepower and +50 ft lbs of torque at the crank at a very usable 2200rpm.

The exhaust produced peak power gains of +9 horsepower and +5 ft lbs of torque at the wheels. This translates to +11 horsepower and +6ft lbs at the crank.

In addition to the power gains, the SwitchPath Exhaust also saves a noteworthy 32lbs from the rear of the car.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting about your new exhaust, but as a marketing man/customer I must tell you these posts are doing nothing for me. Calculated crankshaft power gain numbers - really?. Any power increase under 10 percent will be completely invisible to a stopwatch. Meanwhile, your teaser video is 26 seconds of marketing BS and two seconds of sound. Without a comparison of stock vs. modified, your video tells me nothing about how the sound of my car will change.

I'm going to buy somebody's exhaust system. They will make the sale based on sound, and construction quality. I've seen the photos you posted, the system looks reasonably well made, but I'm waiting for something real to do with sound. Use the dyno charts (on 93 octane no less) to sell to the guys who believe a K&N filter will give them a noticeable increase in butt-dyno results.

How about locking the video "artists" in a closet and produce some quality audio files of stock vs. AWE at idle, revving, acceleration, driving by, etc.

Thanks,
Robert Goldman

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robert,

I appreciate the constructive criticism.

The teaser video is just a quick clip of what is to come.

We captured a lot of raw video footage during development and it is currently being worked into a longer, more thorough video.

It will show you what our exhaust sounds like in many different scenarios (idle, revving, driving by, in-cabin, etc). Take a look at our R8 V8 Exhaust Video to give you an idea.

Our full R8 V10 SwitchPath Exhaust video will be ready in time for the product launch, which will happen very soon.

I'll shoot you a link when it is released and then we can discuss the sound and other fine points at that time. Does that work for you?

Here to help.

Alex

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry for going off, guess I'm getting old and crabby, or as my friends would say, older and crabbier.

I'm really am looking for an exhaust that is not Lambo loud, and also a 91 octane reflash. Post some at the wheel numbers showing before an after results and you'll have a leg up on everybody else. I know you guys have a good rep in the Porsche market, so will stay tuned. Also, I see on the other thread your "test dummy" really likes the sound of his system. And I can call people that, because I've been the one getting his car hacked up by R&D staffs on many occasions.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Being like Mr. Crabs might only get you ahead in life. Turns out he is actually loved by many... (SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS). NOT LAMBO LOUD ??? An OXYMORON. I will try to video/sound sample my buddies '06 Gallardo for you guys. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for going off, guess I'm getting old and crabby, or as my friends would say, older and crabbier.

I'm really am looking for an exhaust that is not Lambo loud, and also a 91 octane reflash. Post some at the wheel numbers showing before an after results and you'll have a leg up on everybody else. I know you guys have a good rep in the Porsche market, so will stay tuned. Also, I see on the other thread your "test dummy" really likes the sound of his system. And I can call people that, because I've been the one getting his car hacked up by R&D staffs on many occasions.
No need to apologize Robert.

GIAC is actively working on Performance Software for the R8 V10. I'll contact you as soon as I have more information on it. Where in SoCal are you located?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Give AWE Tuning’s R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust System a good listen before its release on Monday, May 16th. You can find the full video here

Here for any questions you have.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Nice music... I am going to enjoy hearing this one in person.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Alex, thanks for posting the extended video. I'm in the Santa Barbara area, but about to attempt a new speed record up to the Santa Ynez valley for the weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alex, thanks for posting the extended video. I'm in the Santa Barbara area, but about to attempt a new speed record up to the Santa Ynez valley for the weekend.
Hope the trip went well.

Message me when you have a free minute and we can discuss the finer points of the exhaust and any additional questions you have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts