Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
There seem to be dozens of these flooding the market lately. I tried Hydrosilex and think it’s ok for a maintenance spray for a coated car. Not sold on these quick spray types as a stand-alone application. The one thing that is for sure is that surface prep is very important to get good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice, I’ll have to give this a try. I’ve been using Meguairs Ceramic wax. It’s not bad. Meguairs claims a 6 month life but I’ve noticed about 3 months then I have to reapply. I’ll give this brand a try though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
How long are these sprays lasting? I've tried car guys helix wax and it works good but after a few weeks, it loses its sleek feel.
What is the best spray ceramic that lasts the longest?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Agree. It's all subjective. Good prep is the key for any of them. Then some kind of light maintenance for a bit before doing it all over again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice, I’ll have to give this a try. I’ve been using Meguairs Ceramic wax. It’s not bad. Meguairs claims a 6 month life but I’ve noticed about 3 months then I have to reapply. I’ll give this brand a try though.
I also use Meguiars. I've enjoyed it so far but it definitely is no replacement for a ceramic coating. A real ceramic coating is much superior in terms of slickness and hydrophobic properties. It's a very good wax though. Mother's and Meguiars seems to be the best so far of the new hybrid waxes.

I just tried out a graphene coating recently and really like it so far. It was very easy to apply compared to a ceramic coating and has insane slickness so far. Quick pic of the graphene coating:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You guys should try the new Turtle Wax ceramic spray. Its chemical resistance has been shown on many videos to be one of the better ones compared to the Meguiar's and many others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts