Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pretty remarkable thing happen to me with the R8, and thought it would be fun to start a thread where you can share amazing things that happened to you and your car. None of the standard stuff like the ever-present crowd of gawkers at the gas station with their cell phone cameras, I'm talking really special things that are worth sharing.

Here's mine. I took the car to a racetrack (VIR, Virginia Internation Raceway), to instruct for a car club that was hosting the track day event. It was a Mazda club event, so most of the cars were Mazdas, but because they need to have a lot of cars to pay for renting the entire racetrack, they open it up to all makes of cars. I brought the R8. Around lunch time, I hear an announcement over the loudspeaker "<my name>, please bring your car to the start/finish line". The staff of the MAZDA club wanted to get their picture taken with the hot AUDI R8!!! So we did it. Here we have the staff of the Mazda club totally wowed by an R8:

Taa Daaa! I had several members of the club come thank me for bringing it. It was the total star of the Mazda event. Remarkable.

Got any special stories of stuff that happened to you?

mt

·
Registered
163 Posts
guessing you just bought that one, I saw it advertised on eBay. I have the EXACT same car (w alcantara) should be here this week. do you mind me asking what you got it for (over MSRP)?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will respond via PM to these. Let's keep the thread on-topic.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well I am sure that everyone with an R8 has had to adjust to the attention but here is a story that takes gawking to the extreme.

My first week with the R8 I was passing through an intesection and noticed the driver of a tricked out RX7 going the opposite way and in the right turn lane. He had a looked of shock and awe when he saw my R8 and his head just kept following my car right until he rolled into the back of the car ahead of him. I doubt there was any real damage but I was somewhat embarassed by having caused an accident.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I had the LARGE driver of a SMALL asian pickup truck lean ALL the way out of the window as I passed. His entire torso (up to the waist!) was outside his car.

This was on the freeway, I don't know how he kept it on the road...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts