Panther Black 4
Brilliant Black 1
Mythos Black 3 + the single Carbon Spyder
Ice Silver 1
Atlantis Blue 1
Sepang Blue 1
Estoril Blue 1
Sepang Blue M 2

Not sure what you mean by "Sebring Blue" as I've never heard of that color, we have Sprint, Sepang, Sphere, Stratus, Santorin, Scuba and San Marino in the Ss - but the only Sebring, is Black - does cast a predominant blue hue though ...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's your REAL choices - at least in the US :

Phantom Black 4
Daytona 5
Suzuka 3
Panther Black 4
Brilliant Black 1
Ice Silver 1
Atlantis Blue 1
Sepang Blue 1
Estoril Blue 1
Sepang Blue M 2

Not sure what you mean by "Sebring Blue" as I've never heard of that color, we have Sprint, Sepang, Sphere, Stratus, Santorin, Scuba and San Marino in the Ss - but the only Sebring, is Black - does cast a predominant blue hue though ...
Do you have the color stats on the 2015 V10 Plus MT.? I’d like to know how many of the 8 that were imported to the US were Daytona Grey Pearl.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Do you have the color stats on the 2015 V10 Plus MT.? I’d like to know how many of the 8 that were imported to the US were Daytona Grey Pearl.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Does that include non gated cars? I haven't seen any of those on the market?
He asked about 6MTs, this is JUST those ...
You WON'T see them on the market, not often (1/year maybe) and NOT long (average sale - 2 days) ...
Right now, I'd expect every one (not branded) to get 200K +

Reactions: 997 Turbo Coupe

·
Registered
2008 997 Turbo
28 Posts
He asked about 6MTs, this is JUST those ...
You WON'T see them on the market, not often (1/year maybe) and NOT long (average sale - 2 days) ...
Right now, I'd expect every one (not branded) to get 200K +
I agree. I think the R8M6 will follow the F430 lead and prime examples will touch 200k within a couple of years.

·
Registered
Still searching..
32 Posts
Ironically a 15 V10 plus M6 in Daytona just sold on the west coast in Canada, but the original VIN was a US car that got imported right away into Canada. Not sure if this accounts for 1 of the 2 that RNLabas mentioned.

·
Registered
Still searching..
32 Posts
It's interesting because the one for 150k in ibis white over red leather and my future car were sitting side by side at pfaff and since they had 2, both v10 manuals and I thought I wanted white so I drove in and I test drove the white one with the gmg exhaust and it was great, but the Daytona grey over brown leather spoke to me. He's actually put a fair amount of mileage on his over that last few years, and a few more mods.

I first lost my car cause they wouldn't negotiate much, but a month later I had my financing fully secured so I went back in to negotiate hard and an offer was already on the car, I went home rejected and realized if I couldn't have that r8, I didn't want a supercar at all. Luckily a few weeks later the offer fell through on trade in value and I had my second change and made sure it happened. Probably paid 5k more than market value in 2017 but it doesn't matter now. Did exhaust, lion battery and VF tune and its the perfect car.
Yeah that Daytona over brown is definitely a rare combo, great choice. Think that 5K spent over market then, really is moot now - you are good. Will have to touch base with you on the VF tune, if I secure one anytime soon. My mindset is currently same re 'if not an r8, then nothing at all' but given the scarcity might have to consider a P car in the interim to fill the gap.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ironically a 15 V10 plus M6 in Daytona just sold on the west coast in Canada, but the original VIN was a US car that got imported right away into Canada. Not sure if this accounts for 1 of the 2 that RNLabas mentioned.
where was that v10 plus advertised and for how much? I don't recall seeing it.

·
Registered
Still searching..
32 Posts
where was that v10 plus advertised and for how much? I don't recall seeing it.
August Motorsports. The listing went up on Thursday/Fri but was already pending sale by Saturday. Still on the site. No price listed, waiting to hear back what the list was.

·
Registered
99 Posts
August Motorsports. The listing went up on Thursday/Fri but was already pending sale by Saturday. Still on the site. No price listed, waiting to hear back what the list was.
wow what a find, I imagine that went for big money, looks like only 10000 km or so on it, my guess, at least 160K cdn. Car has a unique history being imported into Quebec from New Jersey.

·
Registered
Still searching..
32 Posts
wow what a find, I imagine that went for big money, looks like only 10000 km or so on it, my guess, at least 160K cdn. Car has a unique history being imported into Quebec from New Jersey.
I know, I was quick to inquire to but not quick enough. Wouldn't be surprised if it went even higher than that. I mean look at some of the recent sales in the US (150-170K USD for low mileage 2010-2012.) Imagine this rare beauty? After conversion could net north of 200K CAD😮

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interesting data point, 2008 V8, 6-speed, $75.6k with a ding on the CarFax, 39k miles

·
Registered
12 Posts
And to think, I was about to put my one owner, incredibly optioned, 2012 Suzuka Grey, V10, 6spd, spyder up for sale. I was itching for a late model 911 Targa (S) or (GTS).
I figured I might get $120 for it if was lucky. Im guessing after reading all this, it's probably worth a lot, lot more.
Guess I'll just hang onto it for a few more years.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Here's your REAL choices - at least in the US :

Phantom Black 4
Daytona 5
Suzuka 3
Panther Black 4
Brilliant Black 1
Ice Silver 1
Atlantis Blue 1
Sepang Blue 1
Estoril Blue 1
Sepang Blue M 2

NO Ibis White?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Crazy auction results this week - a super low mileage convertible selling for over 200k and then a 30k mile coupe only hitting 117? Seems odd to me.

·
Premium Member
Coming Soon: Gen 2 R8 Twin Turbo
21 Posts
Simply put, the Gen-1 R8 is going to head up in value - something I've been saying for years on this forum. I think we're starting to see some of that occurring now, and the manuals will lead the way - but it won't be limited to the manuals.

The R8 was a critically important car for Audi - their first production supercar. It just so happens that it's also a winning formula that people desire: (a) beautiful and timeless design, (b) high-revving naturally aspirated large engines (V8 and V10), (c) manual gearbox option, (d) analog experience including hydraulic steering, e-brake, etc. Now, add in the racing lineage - the R8 carries the namesake of the Le Mans car that made history, dominating year after year, including taking all three top spots during its debut. The GT car went on to have similar successes, giving the R8 a truly desirable motorsport heritage that even most supercars don't have.

Jay Leno has said before that one of his measures for a car's future collectability comes from looking at how it was received when launched. Now, this isn't always a perfect indicator as some undesirable cars go on to be desirable down the road, but it's rarely the other way around. The R8? The entire first year of production sold out in a week. Pretty darn desirable. Add the pop culture (e.g., Iron Man, toys, video games, posters, etc.) and it only amplified the appeal of the R8 beyond the car enthusiast to main street.

The Gen-1 NSX, which has a small fraction of the aforementioned going for it, and also included a much larger sales volume here in the US (~9K NSX vs. ~6.5k R8) has seen prices rise to above original MSRP in recent years for quality examples.

The R8 is an icon... for all of the reasons mentioned here and so many more. Being a VW / Audi product, it also means there's no shortage of fans in the ecosystem who have grown up drooling over it and had it on their bucket list. The car's own credentials, and the built-in demand of generations now coming into some disposable cash, can certainly put some upward pressure on prices. And needless to say... if all of this wasn't enough, and you're simply a car enthusiast looking for a great looking supercar, good reliability, a large cylinder-count, high-revving engine mounted in the middle... you're just not getting that in any new car, so cars like the R8 will be your go-to option.

For me, it's all a bit inconsequential. I bought my R8 new - spec'd it exactly as I wanted it, and my intention is to keep it indefinitely. I wouldn't sell it for $250k or even $300k. It just simply couldn't replace the joy of the R8 for me. Nonetheless, I do hope they rise in value as it's a car that deserves the recognition for what it is - a fantastic modern classic.
I am new here, and this post is EXACTLY why I desire the Gen 2 Audi R8. I am not even interested in the C8 Corvette any more. If I am going to get a supercar (or sports car) then it will be the Audi R8. I just saw that production will extend into 2022 which is better news for me since I don't own one yet. I have a feeling once production stops and they move to the hybrid world then the value of these larger NAs will increase for sure. My project goal is a Audi R8 Twin Turbo beast that will be my garage car that gets passed down to my kids when I die.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts