Audi R8 Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder Manual Daytona Grey
154 Posts
Crazy auction results this week - a super low mileage convertible selling for over 200k and then a 30k mile coupe only hitting 117? Seems odd to me.
There certainly has been a shift to very low mileage examples commanding a huge premium. This was not the case up until the last 3 months. Low mileage examples were certainly more money but they were more money due to being in better shape and being more reliable to drive on average. Now, the super low mileage examples seem to be in demand to be collected, not driven. Sure a person with tons of cash could had bought the 3800miles example for 203k and actual put decent miles on it, but why would you? if you are going to drive it and put decent miles on it then get the newer bat auction example with 33k miles for 86k cheaper. Not sure if this will last, but right it looks like collectors are buying up the low mileage examples for big bucks and that really has never happened before in the R8 market.

Since I already have "my unicorn" I can't say I'm disappointed in increased prices, outside of a couple weed stocks this could be my best investment in the last 3-4 years, and I get tons of enjoyment.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Saw this on Autotrader. It's low mileage and a 6 speed, but what are your thoughts on $118k for a 2014 V8 with 12,900 miles and multiple owners?
Autotrader - page unavailable
It's cheaper than the one H Greg Lux is currently selling. The one they have is somoa orange for 119k. Theirs has more carbon fiber though but double the mileage. Crazy how prices have gone up. I bought mine from HGreg Lux 2.5 years ago for a 2015 V8 manual with 11k miles for 30k cheaper but that seems to be the going rate for a face-lift manual.

·
Registered
Still searching..
32 Posts
Not sure if any of the CDN folks caught that 2012 V10 Coupe Manual (38km/23 mile) that came/went on Trader yesterday from Alberta. Was asking 122,000 CAD. Gone with the quickness, obviously. Next comparable was the 2010 on there asking 167 CAD.

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10+ Tango Red
79 Posts
Not sure if any of the CDN folks caught that 2012 V10 Coupe Manual (38km/23 mile) that came/went on Trader yesterday from Alberta. Was asking 122,000 CAD. Gone with the quickness, obviously. Next comparable was the 2010 on there asking 167 CAD.
I remember checking AT 4 times a day when I was in the market. The 6MT market is nutty now.

·
Premium Member
2015 Audi R8 V10 Plus
70 Posts
It would be nice if people who don't have the money to buy my car would stop contacting me until they do. 20 people so far, and not one has real money. "100k right now no questions. serious buyer", and "gotta sell my car first". Get the F outta my face with that. It's like Kijiji but more money. People are all the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
wow, what were the specs?

I missed it, I have signed up for the daily alerts and check every morning and evening, but clearly that's not enough...

·
Registered
Still searching..
32 Posts
wow, what were the specs?

I missed it, I have signed up for the daily alerts and check every morning and evening, but clearly that's not enough...
Yeah, this one I missed as I didn't check anything Sunday evening, which I guess is when it went up. Didn't get my daily alert/email either. Took screengrabs of it though as it was pending sale by then. See attached.

·
Registered
Still searching..
32 Posts
It would be nice if people who don't have the money to buy my car would stop contacting me until they do. 20 people so far, and not one has real money. "100k right now no questions. serious buyer", and "gotta sell my car first". Get the F outta my face with that. It's like Kijiji but more money. People are all the same.
Lol, it is the worst. Trader/Kijiji, even leasebusters, you get them on all platforms. I just love when it's "lowball offer + cash + will pickup today" - even the times I've played along with the lowball they still wouldn't finalize.

Just saw your updated ad, too funny!

101 - 112 of 112 Posts