60 Posts
After 6 months since my order
AND with 6 months to wait
THIS AD IS VERY APPROPRIATE
& VERY [email protected]#KING annoying
Good things come to those who wait!!!
BUT I am a frustrated AUDI freak
I hope it may encourage more orders for audi
But it does not help the waiting process!!

The majority of users on this forum are still waiting for delivery
I have often wanted to ask the question?
How many world wide users of this forum actually have a car delivered??
There seem to be a lot of regurlar readers who contribute nothing to this forum. and are on a long waiting list

Ramp up production Guys
The waiting is killing me
THANK YOU to those who contribute reguarly
For keeping the wait worthwhile!!

MF

·
Registered
617 Posts
12 months from order to delivery is really very little time in comparison to most UK customers. I for one waited for four and half years from my order, yes it is frustrating but 12 months is nothing. Ramp up production and the car will loose a lot of it's exclusive appeal, I too do not want another Porsche - I want the wait to make the experience truly special. It has been worth the wait and I have no regrets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey hang in there Guys. I ordered my car July 06. Got an update today, My car is being built as we speak. What a great feeling. I'm almost there at last. 4-6 weeks and it will be sitting in my garage. Oh Yes it shall be mine!!:cool:
In some ways it has been a really long wait, but to be honest, the time has flown by. It is great to have something to look forward to in life, and an essential part of the experience is the longing to get your hands on the "baby". This is actually a fun experience, even the waiting. We have all ordered one of these beauties and your car WILL arrive eventually. I have so many friends who are green with envy that I am even on the waiting list for an R8. It is so close I can smell it. It IS worth the wait!:D

·
Registered
718 Posts
12 months !!! I wish.

Annoying it certainly is, but I survived a 3 year wait and am very happy with my R8.

With the exception of the perverse US practices with dealers charging a premium above list on new cars and bumping people off lists, everyone else in UK & Europe seems to be gradually getting their cars.

There is a limit to the number of cars that can be built due to the production facility. Even if they ramp it a bit, demand will still exceed supply. But that is in line with Audi practice for exclusive or range topping cars - Ur Quattro Sport, RS2, RS4 2.7. It did get a bit wobbly with slightly excessive production of RS4 4.2, but I think the lesson was learned.

·
Registered
439 Posts
With the exception of the perverse US practices with dealers charging a premium above list . . . .

You've got that right. Ebay had a listing today (now gone) for a used R8 with 418 miles on it. They were asking about $50,000 above list price and already had bids about $35,000 above list price.

The Ebay listing claimed this dealer had sold the car to a customer who had waited two years to get it and who absolutely loved it . . . but who was selling it because his new 4-car garage was behind on the construction schedule.

As it happens, this dealer had called me two weeks ago to offer me this same car. At that time, he told me the customer was turning it back in because he found it was too under-powered compared to his BMW M6.

That means one of two things. If the customer was observing the engine break-in recommendations, at 418 miles he had not yet run the car hard enough to unleash its acceleration potential. Or -- if he had really run it hard enough to tell whether it could hold its own against an M6 -- he was running the stink out of a car that had not yet been properly broken in.

If the latter, some joker is paying tens of thousands above list for a car that might have been handled improperly during a critical phase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts