·
Registered
75 Posts
with max 30% to front wheels what is the advantage of 2wd conversion? ty
1. Better steering feel
2. Decreased drivetrain loss
3. Smoother clutch engagement and longer life
4. Reduced weight

Rear weight bias mixed with linear power delivery of both motors means traction is easy to modulate with rwd. For people who like to drive on the edge of adhesion, breakaway is much more progressive with rwd conversion.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe
102 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
5. Reduced Resale Value

Original RWS are not holding value as well as Plus’s, let alone those which are modified, but that’s a separate topic.

Agree on drivability points generally, but need to balance that against the above.

1. Better steering feel
2. Decreased drivetrain loss
3. Smoother clutch engagement and longer life
4. Reduced weight

Rear weight bias mixed with linear power delivery of both motors means traction is easy to modulate with rwd. For people who like to drive on the edge of adhesion, breakaway is much more progressive with rwd conversion.

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
332 Posts
1. Fabspeed exhaust
2. Custom Ohlins from Ahlman Performance
3. VF tune
I totally agree w ur post! I spoke w Scott. He’s such a nice guy and knowledgeable. Can’t wait for my Ohlins to go on my car. Will transform the entire ride and it’s the single most important thing you can do to the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I totally agree w ur post! I spoke w Scott. He’s such a nice guy and knowledgeable. Can’t wait for my Ohlins to go on my car. Will transform the entire ride and it’s the single most important thing you can do to the car.
Awesome! The only problem you’ll have is wanting to put even more miles on the car now lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
5. Reduced Resale Value

Original RWS are not holding value as well as Plus’s, let alone those which are modified, but that’s a separate topic.

Agree on drivability points generally, but need to balance that against the above.
It’s easily reversible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Reactions: Trev450
21 - 35 of 35 Posts