Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, I'm speechless too! Why cant they keep it simple aesthetically as Brabus do, they have to go stupid like BMW's Alpina... Aww well, at least we can pass on all that and still get the supercharger! =]

·
Registered
840 Posts
Oh dear ... sometimes things are not quite right ... sometimes things are wrong ... and sometimes things are just plain awful ... the later is the case here ... imho.

Needless to say, and still ... imho ... ABT have managed to ruin the R8 ... with their aftermarket ... bling :confused: ... which looks more like ... tat :(

How you can start with something so good ... and turn it into something so bad ... well it's beyond me ... :eek:

To sum up ... in just one short word ... NO!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Or to put across my full view ... as I stated on Fourtitude ...
No ... no ... no ... no ... no ... no ... no ... no ... and ... no!

No ... to the front splitter ...
No ... to the intakes under the front lights ...
No ... to the bonnet ...
No ... to the alloys ...
No ... to the rear spoiler ...
No ... to the smaller/changed vents at the rear ...
No ... to the area around the number plate ...
No ... to putting the exhaust pipes on an angle ...
No ... to the diffuser ...

Also ... not sure ... and ... not sure ...

Not sure ... about the side blades ...
Not sure ... about the side skirt ...

On the whole then ... I think it's safe to say ... I don't like it ...

However ... I'm sure there will be plenty of people ... who will think it's fantastic!

Each to their own ... the above is ... as ever ... just ... imho.

·
Registered
564 Posts
and it would be faster then 3.9.. when car&driver can manage to get to 4secs then with that amount of extra power it should be more around 3.5.. imho

and yes.. NO! to that pathetic exterior

·
Registered
782 Posts
I agree: 1000.0000% NO! Yuck yuck yuck.

I wonder... Theatrix do you like this? You do tune cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree: 1000.0000% NO! Yuck yuck yuck.

I wonder... Theatrix do you like this? You do tune cars.

Funny that you mention it. I saw this first thing this morning and was intrigued by the fact that tuners have already gotten their hands on it. To be perfectly honest, i wasn't paying attention to its finish as much as I was interested in its specs.

So to answer your question, love the added 110 to the wheels. The finish I could live with because it would not be my DD.

·
Registered
840 Posts
... ... ... I saw this first thing this morning and was intrigued by the fact that tuners have already gotten their hands on it. ... ... ...
... ... ...
Tuners haven't ... "gotten their hands on it" ... but what they are doing is putting out proposals on the engineering front ... i.e. the supercharger ... based on their engineering knowledge they are able to give figures that are probably somewhat better tha educated guesses ... and having their graphic design people make nice 'PhotoShop' images for people to look at ... the pictures of the orange 'thing' by ABT are just computer generated images ... they are not photos of an actual car ... although I suspect everyone is aware of that already.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yes To The Supercharger!!!!
Possibly ... without knowing how it will perform ... I'll reserve judgement on that item ...

Sure it might be nice to increase power by ... over 25% ... but it still needs to give a balanced result ... although without being able to compare how the standard R8 drives and how it's engine responds ... it's just impossible to say if ABT's SC will improve things ... asides from giving you bigger figures to quote.

·
Registered
840 Posts
and it would be faster then 3.9.. when car&driver can manage to get to 4secs then with that amount of extra power it should be more around 3.5.. imho
You are quite possibly spot on ... we all know Audi's quoted acceleration figures tend to be ... conservative ... so when a tuning company come up with an exterior that is ... far from conservative ... it makes you wonder why they appear to have gone in the opposite direction with their projected acceleration time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There's ugly, FUGLY and finally what ABT have done to the R8
What they've done is actually make it look like an exotic which is what it is at 530 HP rather than your ordinary car you see on the road everyday.

The exterior looks a million times better than the how it comes from the factory.. just not orange. Black in that style would be great.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i somehow like the exhausts coming infront of the backwheels.. but of course its not the best solution for break cooling or wheels cleaning ;)

but it gives ideas on what people could do to this car...

·
Registered
782 Posts
i somehow like the exhausts coming infront of the backwheels.. but of course its not the best solution for break cooling or wheels cleaning ;)

I say: brrrrrrrrrr. Those people have bad taste.

·
Registered
564 Posts
wheels are nice though.. think those are AC schnitzer.. anyone to confirm that?

·
Registered
617 Posts

I still think that the exhausts should come out of the rear valance in the shape of the Audi rings and delete the rings on the tailgate. More subtle imho.

Front valance very low indeed, would be a major problem.

Like the wheels

·
Registered
20 Posts
Put the ABT car in a more neutral hue like graphite or black, and I think you might pull it off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts