Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They screwed me (Again!!). Got a voicemail this morning:

I'm sorry to say, but the production week isn't week 24, but week 27! Delivery END July

All the press info said: First R8's delivered in second quarter.

I was the fourth here in The Netherlands to order the R8 and I should have been in the first productionround for the Netherlands (week 21, just like Lemme's dad! Who ordered it two weeks later than me and already has his car like it should be!)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Guilty,
I am sorry to hear this but, somehow I knew it...
Let me tell you just this-IMHO around 90% if R8 dealers in Europe are NOT up to the job of selling this car! This is not Ferrari and the way they copy Ferrari sales style is pure CRAP IMHO...

Audi really need to take care of it... Why? Look how many R8 are on the "grey" market for immediate delivery! Far to many IMHO...
So, it seems to me that speculators get around 80% of first R8s! Did Audi really wanted that? Are all long time Audi buyers becoming speculators over the night because of R8? I do not thinks so...

I know at least one person in Germany that decided to buy 997 Turbo because waiting list for R8 is over 1 year know...

Current R8 selling style is all wrong IMHO.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely wrong. Wrong information is worse than no information :(

But I hope it will stay week 27 now!

The grey market is ridiculous! Here are already 6 R8's sold in that market!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Cooper, why the change? What is your suggested date for R8 delivery? I've been tempted to do the same being a Porsche owner for years but recent reviews have swayed me back to the R8. Attending one of the track days in a few weeks and that will make my mind up. Still got my name down for a Panamera and a 998 should Porsch move the game on again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i just can't stand being messed about audi customer service not happy i was supposed to be getting Q3 delivery had a phone call friday to be told there was some sort of delay and mine would be coming jan 08 so im not happy but then again im getting 997 turbo with sport pack and pccb so can't be to down hearted but i still love the r8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cooper, why the change? What is your suggested date for R8 delivery? I've been tempted to do the same being a Porsche owner for years but recent reviews have swayed me back to the R8. Attending one of the track days in a few weeks and that will make my mind up. Still got my name down for a Panamera and a 998 should Porsch move the game on again.
Panamera deliveries will start in the UK in October 09. Just recently confirmed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts