Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just love Daytona and Carbon.... 3 months and 3k miles to date!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Love the carbon blade on the third picture. So you are still as crazy about the car after 3 months as when you first got it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every mile gets even better. The difficult part is not jumping in the car to do mundane errands.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My car has the same color – so it’s very apparent to me that you must be a person of great taste and substantial intelligence.

I have had the car one month and I now have 1,600 miles on it.

The more I drive this car the more I can't get over how well it corners and comes out of corners. I drive the car in the rocky mountains on weekends and in the evenings after work. There are some nice slalom turns in the mountains that I take fairly quickly and it’s just a kick to drive.

The other surprising thing that you read about on this forum but its still shocking is that the car attracts a lot of attention (maybe a bit too much if you’re a lower profile type). Young, hot looking girls check me out until they realize I’m not the young hot young guy that should go with the car. I’m not kidding; when I was driving down the rode yesterday a movie star beautiful blonde girl in her twenties driving next to me had me roll down my window so she could ask me about the car. I should have given her Bodhii’s phone number. When does that happen in real life? When you drive an R8 (and no I do not work for Audi).

I have not taken the car to its breaking point in a turn but I hope it just pushes wide in a well mannered style (under-steer) versus hitting an invisible control limit without any warning and just spinning out. My understanding from fellow drivers is some Corvettes and some Porsches exhibit poor mannered control limits ( I have not driven those cars enough to know) but it is a reason why I shy away from them.

//Follow-up: I have taken the car to its traction breaking park at Sonoma and the car predictably either pushes wide or slides all wheels without teh tail spinning around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts