Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you replaced the original tires because they were worn out? I'm wondering how many miles you got out of the original tires. Did you replace them with the same brand or a different brand?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have about 7,500 miles on mine and they still have quite a bit of thread left on them. Unfortunately I did have to replace one rear tire about 1,500 miles ago due to a nail hole that was too close to the sidewall. I was worried about possible negative effect of different wear on rear tires but have not noticed anything at low or high speeds. Looks like I will get at least 10,000 miles out of the tires.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I got a tyre insurance package from the dealer when I picked the car up, covers up to 5 tires for 3 years for £180 - thought was it would pay for itself after one tyre ...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Replaced my rears after 15000k.

After spirited driving(no burnouts) and some track days the tread was getting a little light.

I replaced them with the original Pirelli P Zero R01 but in the 305 size instead of the 295.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ian,

I am renewing my tyre cover soon. Was this a Lumley policy ? Also, is the maximum payout £250 or £300 per tyre ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Don't know if it was lumley (through a Audi Vindis Group dealer) but the limit was £250.

·
Registered
2 Posts
can anyone help ? got some new 255/35/19 tyres the original fronts are 235/35/19 will the larger tyres fit or will this be an issue thanks smurf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts