Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a V10 Spyder. Pretty much narrowed it down to a Topgear Valvetronic exhaust or a Milltek Supercup exhaust. The Valvetronic Topgear is significantly less than the Milltek, which seems odd. Price is of course a factor but not the deciding factor. Would appreciate some opinions. Thanks

·
Supporting Vendor
60 Posts
Milltek were in the retail market for years before us and had a powerful marketing budget. We're still building brand presence to be honest and we like to undercut Milltek and Scorpion at every opportunity.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Well I just had my TopGear Valvetronic installed on my V10 and I really am pleased with the F1. It fit my needs perfectly. I wanted something louder than stock with valves but not crazy loud.

I initially was going with a Capristo but the disparity in cost between the two prompted my to give the TopGear a shot. Glad I did. Although I do slightly still prefer the sound of the Capristo, I am more than satisfied with the F1, I was also able to get a few more goodies since the price was so much less.

Good luck with whatever you pick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just purchased the Topgear F1 and even with the difference in the time zones, TG replied to my email same day.

I once had my V8 straight piped but too loud for neighbors on cold-start, so I returned to stock for a while which is embarrassingly quiet.

After reading posts here and after viewing most of the Youtube videos on V8 exhausts, hearing the different tones available from NASCAR sounds to muscle car sounds, to higher pitched F1 sounds, I chose to go with Topgear F1. In my opinion, the TG F1 sounds like the old Stasis exhausts which I hear are no longer around.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just fitted TopGear F1 exhaust after listening to lots of alternatives, superb value for money & with valves open screams from 5-8k. It was a perfect fit, took me & a helper 9 hours start to finish including a small half hour test run:rolleyes:

Alexander is on this forum & service from TopGear was excellent throughout.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just fitted TopGear F1 exhaust after listening to lots of alternatives, superb value for money & with valves open screams from 5-8k. It was a perfect fit, took me & a helper 9 hours start to finish including a small half hour test run:rolleyes:

Alexander is on this forum & service from TopGear was excellent throughout.
Videos please!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts