Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new tires (from Tire Rack, mounted/balanced/TPMS sensors installed) are on their way. I was wondering if anyone had put a spare set of wheels on themselves, and if there was anything to do on the computer to make the car aware of the fact that it is the second set of wheels. The owner's manual refers to the fact that the car should be able to tell the difference between the two sets, but doesn't mention what to do it make it work.

Can't be as simple as putting them on and driving away with them, can it...?

Thanks -- and as per my winter tire post, I'll send impressions of the Potenzas as soon as I get them into some rain/snow.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think something has to be done, but I don't know what. My car is arriving later this week, and I was told by the service manager that he will program the car for the winter set of wheels/tires he is putting on for me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My new tires (from Tire Rack, mounted/balanced/TPMS sensors installed) are on their way. I was wondering if anyone had put a spare set of wheels on themselves, and if there was anything to do on the computer to make the car aware of the fact that it is the second set of wheels. The owner's manual refers to the fact that the car should be able to tell the difference between the two sets, but doesn't mention what to do it make it work.

Can't be as simple as putting them on and driving away with them, can it...?

Thanks -- and as per my winter tire post, I'll send impressions of the Potenzas as soon as I get them into some rain/snow.
I have installed a second set of factory wheels with factory TPMS sensors and the system had to be reset by the Audi tech and the Audi computer. The TPMS sensors have unique and individual ID's and the computer will throw a fault when you change the wheels. Might not be right away but mine did it and we had to get Audi involved. We ended up using the "Rest of the World" settings rather than the US settings as the US settings would not work correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts