Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on to a few insurance company's about whether they require a tracker to fitted or not
There's only about £400 diffence between having one or not ,so my thinking is that if my car gets stolen ,do i want it back ?
No i don't

cost for a 24hr moniter tracker about £1300.00

is it worth it ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Been on to a few insurance company's about whether they require a tracker to fitted or not
There's only about £400 diffence between having one or not ,so my thinking is that if my car gets stolen ,do i want it back ?
No i don't

cost for a 24hr moniter tracker about £1300.00

is it worth it ?
Mozza, yes you would want it back or you will have to wait another 18 months for a new one. Obviously you want it back in good order, so make sure that you have a tracker that can immobilise the engine within minutes of theft.

The Cobra Track 5 gives you a call at home and on mobile within a minute of theft and the engine can be cut off on your say so remotely. I have already proved the timings when I accidently drove off without the secondary chip card and got the calls within 30 secs. This additional chip is also very good from a hijacking situation as well for those of that unfortunately live in a dodgy area - not saying that you do!

Cost from Audi was £650 for the unit & installation and £200 per year monitoring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts