Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL....found him in Target today. So, this toy is rated for ages 4+. I knew I was in trouble when I had trouble getting him out of the package:p I spent 5 minutes and still haven't gotten him into "sport car" mode! Where's a smart 5 yr. old when you need him???????:D

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
BE CAREFUL, we bought our son the R8 transformer too.The R 8 had to have his arm glued back on in short time. Out of the package??...1 hour just to unpack the new Barbie...Que.:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL...OK...have had 3 different people work on ...one was actually of the "Transformer Era" and not a one of them can get this this changed!:p:p:p I can bascially get it to the right form, just can't get the sides to close in around the car. Do they slide in somehow?
I repeat...ages 4+??????;):p

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
got any pics? There were some leaked a while ago but it looked more like a Chinese knockoff R8 - production version any better?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got any pics? There were some leaked a while ago but it looked more like a Chinese knockoff R8 - production version any better?
LOL...IF I ever get into "sport car" mode, I will post a pic....until then, and at the moment, it doesn't look like much:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
haha.. got kids? bet they could get it done quickly

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone had another one sent to me and I got it in the mail today. It's totally different! And thankfully, this one is already in the "sport car" mode! Still says Sideways....but it is a tad smaller and has a slightly different look to it.

The other still sits on the counter waiting for someone with enough smarts to get it together:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
The one pictured is the one that was leaked a bit back... looks like it WANTS to be an R8.. and just might if it tries hard enough

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nowhere on the pkg. does it say he is an R8. I'm thinking Transformers (Hasbro) did not want to pay royalties to Audi...so he is not the perfect image. Just a guess!
LOL...can't say for sure, since the other one still is not "transformed", but this one may just be the bettering looking of the two!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perseverance pays off!:p Got it together!
I was right... second one is much better looking than the first!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Great, now let's see them in robot mode ;)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The doors on the R8 toy is giving us problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bumble Bee is much easier for me to re-assemble. Stay calm my freinds.:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great, now let's see them in robot mode ;)
LOL...not a chance in hell I'm touching those things again!
The doors are what gave me the most problems too....I found a step I was missing:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts