Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 plus.when I'm in 7th gear and I hit the gas there's a long hesitation for it to down shift into gear.. anyone else notice this...

·
Registered
218 Posts
It depends on your driving habit. I have some douchey driving habits where what I do prior to the up/down shift that I then make is counter intuitive to the computer.

Example: you do nice little pull from 2-4.5k rpm in 4th gear, then downshift (who would do that sh1t right?). The computer expects an upshift from you at this time considering you floored it from those revolutions and gained some speed, definitely not a downshift. The clutches were positioned in such a way as to give a seamless and instant upshift if you asked for it, but were not in the right position for a downshift.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hold the downshift paddle for like 0.5 sec and it will downshift immediately to the lowest possible gear, then you can take off!

·
Registered
337 Posts
OP - what mode are you in when feeling this hesitation? In my Sport Auto there is no hesitation but in Comfort well its like grandad's Cadillac.

·
Registered
153 Posts
OP - what mode are you in when feeling this hesitation? In my Sport Auto there is no hesitation but in Comfort well its like grandad's Cadillac.
He's referring to Manual, auto has no issues, personally iv never driven mine in full auto, defears the object of the car in a way

·
Registered
153 Posts
It depends on your driving habit. I have some douchey driving habits where what I do prior to the up/down shift that I then make is counter intuitive to the computer.

Example: you do nice little pull from 2-4.5k rpm in 4th gear, then downshift (who would do that sh1t right?). The computer expects an upshift from you at this time considering you floored it from those revolutions and gained some speed, definitely not a downshift. The clutches were positioned in such a way as to give a seamless and instant upshift if you asked for it, but were not in the right position for a downshift.
this is untrue, firstly thats not how the box works a dual clutch doesnt work in this way, on top of that it can hesitate coming down the rpm shifting down gear by gear and is usually only seen between 4th and 3rd and 3rd and 2nd, its a software issue that audi know about but isnt a case that is known by many dealers. There have been stories of changing the downshift paddle ciring the issue but when coding the new paddle in the gearbox software is flashed so appears the new paddle has fixed the issue but in reality its the updated software

·
Registered
77 Posts
I normally drive in Comfort mode and when flooring the accelerator, its a horrible experience. I took it to Audi who said that all cars do that. If I want to accelerate fast I use the manual mode. Let me know if you find a fix.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I normally drive in Comfort mode and when flooring the accelerator, its a horrible experience. I took it to Audi who said that all cars do that. If I want to accelerate fast I use the manual mode. Let me know if you find a fix.
Audi are correct, driving in comfort will have this affect as the tcu is in its most placid setting which is inteded for soft unspirited driving, either switch to dynamic if you want to stick to Auto or switch inyo manual, your issue is not the issue the OP is referring to, you are just driving the car in a way that comfort wasnt designed for

1 - 8 of 8 Posts