Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a silly question, maybe for an engineer, but has only been able to put 2 tires inside your R8 to bring them to an installer's shop? I've tried almost every configuration in the passenger's seat area but can't get 2 to fit! Anyone pulled this off?
PS. these are 2 rear tires, 305/35R19 and no, one won't fit in the bonnet..
Thx.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kind of a silly question, maybe for an engineer, but has only been able to put 2 tires inside your R8 to bring them to an installer's shop? I've tried almost every configuration in the passenger's seat area but can't get 2 to fit! Anyone pulled this off?
PS. these are 2 rear tires, 305/35R19 and no, one won't fit in the bonnet..
Thx.
Put the first tire in, drive to tire shop, drop it off, go back home, pick up 2nd tire, drive to tire shop. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
use your other car to transport both tires to the shop then go back home and get the r8...problem solved and you didn't even bother your wife

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I usually buy my tyres on line but have them shipped directly to the installer. Alternatively, jack the car up, take the 2 wheels off and put them and the new tyres in your daily and drive to the installer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the ideas.. Some made me laugh.. I guess I should have mentioned my installer is 45 miles away. So no help from the wife or ability to drive the daily back and fourth with the tires. I was hoping for a jigsaw puzzle expert since I need only 2" more somehow to fit both in the passenger seat area..

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
last humor - lay a nice big blanket across roof, bind both (or one) there with bungi cords ... :p

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts
As others have mentioned, have them shipped. When I buy tires, I just have them ship directly to the dealer for installation (usually during my regular annual service to minimize additional service trips).

On a side note, and I may just be particular about this, but I'll only put a human in a seat (or a small item in a bag). Trying to stuff something unnatural into the car, especially on soft leather seats, is a recipe for damage. Not worth it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’ve put two fronts in the passenger seat, but never two rears.

with Pirellis, I find the fronts go twice as fast as the rears, so I am changing all 4 (shipped to installer) or just the front two.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
You need a support vehicle. I have an older Lexus GX470 that I can put a full set of tires in for tire swaps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts