Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen photos of the trunk, and it looks rather small. Just curious, what can fit in it? Will a small suitcase or medium sized duffle bag fit?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've seen photos of the trunk, and it looks rather small. Just curious, what can fit in it? Will a small suitcase or medium sized duffle bag fit?
do u really need that car for its trunk size? ; > laptop and sandwich should fit nicely. I had 997 for years, I was surprised with wut I put in it, but I do not travel, the car just get me to and from work

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Check out the luggage group buy thread... those pieces were made especially for the "trunk"

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
My wife and I took a weekend trip in the R8 in November. I was able to pack a suitcase for both of us along with all a bunch of shopping bags. There is ample space on the parcel shelf and behind the seats along with the trunk for two people. I am looking forward to the luggage as this should make things easier.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My hard luggage set for parcel shelf is coming next week. Will report back on quality, but the soft leather for the 'trunk' are good, although the top piece is necessarily a curious shape.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I found that a soft bag on the bottom of the luggage compartment with my Delsey carry-on, which has a front pocket protruding about 2 1/2", pretty much fills the space available. The suitcase goes in front pocket facing down.

Simple and it does the job.

It does remain small however.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. My main concern was if there would be enough cargo space for a weekend trip. It looks like I could stuff a lot of clothes in the rear shelf if necessary.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I went hunting once. I used my R8 to reach and get into the woods; tricky to off-road with the R8. During the hunt, I shot (I didn't kill it, I used a tranquilizer) a black 700 pound Kodiak bear. I was able to fit it on the passenger seat.

An hour later, the bear woke up and I had to punch it off my R8 and I pressed gas. It could not keep up with the R8; thank God.

Ok ... back to reality ... **** reality :D:D:D

I got the black leather 3 piece bespoke luggage set from the UK. High quality and you can fir to much. Get them. They also make them in a hard version.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can fit quite a lot on that shelf with the cargo net... Ive had 5/6 bags of groceries. In the trunk, the bespoke luggage set is a must if you intend to travel. The trunk is so oddly shaped that anything other than the matching luggage is a poor use of space.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I would say that the lack of luggage space is the worst aspect of the R8. ( Don't get me wrong ,.. I LOVE the R8!)
But to be honest, you cannot take the R8 for a prolonged driving holiday with a woman who likes a more varied wardrobe. This seems comical on the surface, but it is the very real reason I don't send my R8 over to Europe for a few months of driving, and why I am very limited in where I can drive it here in the USA. The room is plenty for one guy. But when I add my GF and her stuff, the whole equilibrium of the universe changes very fast. I am not talking HUGE space differences. The room in my Porsche is plenty. The room in a GTR is HUGE! I would much prefer to have that little extra luggage room that would give this great car a much bigger part in my life.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hovy,you had me going there. I would love to see a Kodiak sittin' shotgun!!:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went hunting once. I used my R8 to reach and get into the woods; tricky to off-road with the R8. During the hunt, I shot (I didn't kill it, I used a tranquilizer) a black 700 pound Kodiak bear. I was able to fit it on the passenger seat.

An hour later, the bear woke up and I had to punch it off my R8 and I pressed gas. It could not keep up with the R8; thank God.

Ok ... back to reality ... **** reality :D:D:D

I got the black leather 3 piece bespoke luggage set from the UK. High quality and you can fir to much. Get them. They also make them in a hard version.

hahhaha!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
no, but two set of clubs behind the seat is no problem if you have walking bags. Then there is a lot of room under the hood. I am pleased with the amount of space considering the type of car. Can you get two golf bags in a small Porche......Not!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Since selling my R8, I have a set of front luggage which I bought from Germany. It was £300 new, I've used it once and so anyone with £150 can have it. Its a nice piece of kit.

Contrary to popular belief, you can fit an amazing amount of luggage in the R8 - we did a 2 week tour of France including Le Mans and everything fitted in fine - we even managed to get a few bottles of wine in on the way back

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
What color is the set?? Can I see pics.What would lowest cost shipping be to So.Cal? (approx. cost).I think someone in theU.K. will scoop this up...But if not I am always interested!!

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
The FEDEX freight on mine from Bespoken was ~$100.00

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Is Bespoken near the U.K.?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts