Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Many, many reports of poor workmanship and sagging / damaged leather with the TT seats, over on the TT Forum.

I wonder if the R8 Team are aware? If people aren't happy with the quality of the product on a £30k car, you can just imagine what those of us paying 3x as much will have to say about it...

·
Registered
782 Posts
They are aware of it. In the factory there is a demo room with a black R8 and worn leather already, just by getting in and out of the car! :(

·
Registered
367 Posts
How 'bout the TT side view mirrors, the dated red digital IP, tiny plastic paddle shifters, key twist starter and the joke of a sun visor.
Audi has made no secret of the fact that the R8 is a parts bin car, only it seems they plan on passing the savings on - to themselves!:mad:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but a fantastic car still.. with a grumbling allday V8 in the back and super balance and rigidity...

why did 996TT remind me on the "sun visors" :D:D

anyway, i just wanted to show these S5 seats.. they really are cool.. i will probably get some aftermarket things done to mine...

as said in earlier threads.. maybe DVB reception.. and some "lower" and sportier seats... and maybe a bigger subwoofer, as i heard the R8 B&O system has some weakness in the lower section.. but of course, there is few spaces you can place a bass speaker... i will find one ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Why did Audi choose for the 'cheap' TT seats? And in every S or RS car the placed the logo on the seats. But not for the R8, strange?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why did Audi choose for the 'cheap' TT seats? And in every S or RS car the placed the logo on the seats. But not for the R8, strange?
maybe, cause we ALL only saw pre prod cars.. we never actually saw a real car...?? they did not take that much care on quality then with actual prod cars.. so maybe we got some surprises coming at us? ;)
well I really do hope so :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
maybe, cause we ALL only saw pre prod cars.. we never actually saw a real car...?? they did not take that much care on quality then with actual prod cars.. so maybe we got some surprises coming at us? ;)
well I really do hope so :D
Nah... I saw production cars, none of them had it. The two cars at our importer doesn't have it either...

Give me my Recaro's of my S4, they're the best!

·
Registered
782 Posts
How 'bout the TT side view mirrors, the dated red digital IP, tiny plastic paddle shifters, key twist starter and the joke of a sun visor.
Audi has made no secret of the fact that the R8 is a parts bin car, only it seems they plan on passing the savings on - to themselves!:mad:
Yep you're right. I don't get it either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts