Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall a mention on one thread about Audi tyre insurance - is this something that Audi still offer and if so, what annual cost. The condition of the Uk roads these days makes a puncture (and wheel damage) almost inevitable. Easier to claim on insurance than to pursue the local authority for the cost caused by their lack of road upkeep.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It was indeed on another thread and it turned out that you can buy various commercial policies (look on the web) but cover was typically £150 per tyre with one or two at £250 per tyre.

Audi do have a policy but they quoted me £404 for 3 years with cover at £250 per tyre !!!!

R8Driver kindky advised me that his was a policy run by his dealer (Inchcape) and it was £249 for 3 years with a max claim of 5 tyres at £300 per tyre.

I called several Inchcape dealerships, and some were complete a**holes, refusing to sell insurance unless you bought the car from them !!!

However, one of them was more helpful and sold me a policy as above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to the site but thought I would weigh in on this. I purchased the policy at the time that I bought the car for about $500 but I'm ashamed to say that I really didn't look into the details. I figured that one tire replacement would pay for itself. Well I had the car in the dealer's service area for an oil top off and they found a bolt in a rear tire. When I got the car yesterday the bill for the tire was $755 USD so the policy more than paid for itself. I'll actually read the contract and post the details tomorrow.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You dog... I passed on the insurance and Murphy's Law kicked in. (I'm a Murphy)... which of course means if I had purchased the insurance I would have never had to make a claim! Now, I'm waiting for my $600.00+ tire to come in while I'm sporting a plug in my right rear tire, which, BTW is how it's correctly spelled (at least in the US).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally bothered to read the contract. The actual cost was $795 and it provides 3 years coverage for wheels and tires with no occurrence limit and a $5,000 aggregate limit. So my one incident hasn't totally paid the premium but I've only had the car since 11/27. Also there is no proration for mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts