Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably being thick, but what does the M+S stand for, adjacent to the tyre sizes on the o/s door pillar?? Whatever it is it requires a different tyre pressure to rear tyres.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Mud & Snow (i.e. All Season Tires)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm just about to check my tyres for the first time - only had car a month. I assume I have NON M + S tyres in the UK?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ignore the above - I've gone 36/39. Interestingly I was about 5psi down all round and the tire monitor never said a word!

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
i only had the tpms come on when it was 10 psi below

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
If the tires are all low and you fill them up to the correct pressure, is there a way to reset the TPMS or does the dealer need to do it? OR...does the car do it automatically???

Thanks.

Steve

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
It looks like more of a dealer or vagcom change. I have seen some codes about wheels and they include the preasure (in bars, I think).

·
Registered
518 Posts
If the tires are all low and you fill them up to the correct pressure, is there a way to reset the TPMS or does the dealer need to do it? OR...does the car do it automatically???

Thanks.

Steve
Should be auto. All TPMS does is tell you if the pressure is below a set limit - so if they go low and then you inflate all should be OK! That's my guess!!!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Thanks.....Garyhun.....good info to know!

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I have never run mine down to the warning light but have also been 5 lbs down. I'm pretty sure VAG receives the exact (depending on the accuracy of the TPMS sensors) pressure reading from each tire. The warning threshold is probably set high for convenience so it's not going off too often. I wonder if this is a parameter that can be set in VAG?? 10 lbs low is WAY too low, 5 would be more reasonable.

The list of questions for that first service just keeps growing and growing...

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I wonder if this is a parameter that can be set in VAG??
Yes. I don't remember the details, but I know I saw it in VAG-COM. I believe you set the actual warning pressure.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Today my tire warning message came on after exiting a highspeed freeway run. Alert came on before I even noticed a flat. Large dime size hole in front passenger tire. UNREPAIRABLE . Pulled off as flat started pulling car to right. Limped 1/4 mi. to tire center where they had a same size good used tire. and the nicest tire machine I have seen so far.The rim never touched anything but rubber protested surfaces.Only thing lacking was the nylon cover for his pry bar. Rolled onto 2x4s to get space under car for their MONSTER jacks. Raised rear of car at underside REAR jack point, thus lifting front at same time. Only jacked from rear. Car is plenty stiff. 80.00 bucks and 1/2 hour later...ROLLING. I guess a loss of air at 130 + speeds would have been interesting. 11 K miles on car/tires. A new tire probably wouldn't have cut as easily. Right BEFORE the air escaped I commented to my girlie that I was a very lucky dude. I think the stock Pirellies are semi-runflat. I was VERY concerned about damaging the wheel. :eek::D:):cool: I am going to get a quote for the Toyo R888s.Will try to fit the 305 in rear if possible. I have those spacers that I want to keep using.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Was quoted 1646.00 for set of Toyo R888s -mounted and balanced. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts