Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R8 felt a bit weird on a run the other day, found the left rear down to 20psi when I parked up at home and let it cool. Limped it to a filling station to top back up to the required 39psi, and left it overnight but by today, it was virtually as flat as a pancake. Annoying, as I shredded the opposite wheel (driver's front) on my Range Rover Sport on Friday too...

Anyway - anyone know where I can locate a replacement tyre in the UK at short notice?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You could try

Micheldever Tyre/Auto Services

Address : Micheldever Station
Winchester
Hampshire
SO21 3AP

Tel : 01962 774437

Or
Ronnie Gibbons of tyre Express [email protected]

He found the PS2 275/30 R19 I wanted

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Andy...

Trying to find someone local to fit, too... which is a prob. My best bet might be to get Audi Assist to trailer the car back to the supplying dealer who (and I've just checked) has the tyres in stock, but want £368 to supply a fit.

I just rung one of the mobile fitters and started to quote the tyre I was after... he finished my sentence for me, and said "That's for an R8 rear isn't it?" Very impressive... apparently they just fitted a new pair of rears for a Man United footballer.

Need to ring their more local office for a quote, but looks promising...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£310 for the R8 rear, all inclusive.

£250-ish for a pair of mid-range tyres for my RRS, to be fitted at the same time. Expensive week for rubber in my house. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts