Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a deposit with Appleway Motors in Spokane, Washington. Full purchase order specifying MSRP, number 5 on the "list", etc. Stated delivery in 'early 2008'. Appleway is a supporting R8 dealer.

Got a call yesterday to the effect that they will be allocated only ONE R8 per calendar year and, therefor, my purchase order is meaningless.

This smells really fishy to me (i.e. lots of people showing up with MSRP++ cash in hand while the real original listers get the kiss-off.)

Does anyone have any insight to US allocations? Kresko, do you get any US information ?

·
Registered
274 Posts
very fishy... no dealer would put up the costs required and the staffing for one car, imo-

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is no such thing as a 'supporting" dealer. I think you mean "Service Point" dealer.

Audi clearly states these will get only one car per year. This is because they did not comply with the requirements to become a "Certified Point" dealer. The CP guys get all the cars, based on market potential.

Audi is using the R8 to raise its brand image and brand awareness in the US, to reposition the brand up with BMW and Mercedes. This is why they have made things so difficult for the dealers.

It is not really about selling cars (the R8, that is). They are expensive to make, limited in production. They are really being allocated as rewards to high end Audi dealers; those who are helping Audi with the marketing strategy.

Your dealer decided not to go along, or Audi decided for them.

If you really want a car you have to go to one of the 20 or so Certified Point dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts