Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the UK market,,.what do we think is happening to gen 1 prices specifically?

i, like many, track the prices regularly and I see a slight softening in values or asking prices over the last 9 months or so ?

is this a trend or a reaction to the rather poor UK economic situation ?

Discuss

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Likewise, I track prices and agree there has been a softening in recent months. Given that a good percentage of other premium brands have suffered in a similar way, I'm of the opinion that the current economic climate is primarily the cause.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Trev…yes interesting and hopefully it’s due to the current economic situation as I also track Porsche prices and these do appear to also be softening a little for many , not all, models.

·
Registered
2011 Gen1 V10 Gated
27 Posts
Likewise, I track prices and agree there has been a softening in recent months. Given that a good percentage of other premium brands have suffered in a similar way, I'm of the opinion that the current economic climate is primarily the cause.
Agree with Trev450 completely. The UK is in a terrible state at the mo, but it will bounce, and when it does the prices will go up again...ney soar for owners of Gen1 V10 Gated Manuals!

Also, as Audi do appear to be calling it a day on any future production, I think all the prices of ALL our beautiful cars will go up due to the increasing relative rarity as time goes by.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes MSL,,,I’ve seen Gen1’s slowly losing value over the last 6 - 8 months or so.
So much so in fact that I’m thinking of upgrading my V8 to a V10 manual at some stage early next year as these also appear not to be immune from this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts