Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear UK-based Audi R8 Owners,

Following the creation of the Audi R8 Owners Club Facebook page by Chris (which has its roots firmly in this forum) a new Facebook group for UK-based R8 owners will soon be launched.

Unaffiliated to Audi (i.e. we're doing this off our own back!), its hoped the group will provide UK-based owners with a secure online platform to engage with other owners on all matters regarding the R8. Proof of ownership will be required to join.

The group is being configured with the aim of launching new week however in the meantime, we welcome any comments or feedback.

Cheers!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As the title suggests this is for UK-based R8 owners only. It's to try and get some of the social side going with events, meets etc. It's not to replace anything already in place.

As such it's never going to satisfy everyone's interest in R8's but it is what it is. If it's of no interest to anyone, it'll fall on its arse :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi - I’m based in the UK and currently on the hunt for a 2013 Facelift R8 - I wasn’t aware of any (UK) specific forums / pages so this would be great.

Is there any other pages/forum links for (UK) that anyone knows of. Trying to build a list of things to look out for when buying.

Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Hi - I’m based in the UK and currently on the hunt for a 2013 Facelift R8 - I wasn’t aware of any (UK) specific forums / pages so this would be great.

Is there any other pages/forum links for (UK) that anyone knows of. Trying to build a list of things to look out for when buying.

Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers

In a word, no.:) This was the primary reason for establishing the FB page initially.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In a word, no.:) This was the primary reason for establishing the FB page initially.
Ah I see sorry - I’m a complete newbie to all of this and finding my feet.

Still trying to navigate this forum for a comprehensive guide before I purchase one.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Ah I see sorry - I’m a complete newbie to all of this and finding my feet.

Still trying to navigate this forum for a comprehensive guide before I purchase one.

No need for apologies - we were all new at some point.

I'm not aware of a single 'buyer's guide', but there is plenty of advice on here as to what to look out for.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
To clarify what we're talking about on Facebook:

- Audi R8 UK Owners & Enthusiasts Page - originally setup so anyone can "like" the page and contribute

- Audi R8 UK Owners Club - private group for owners only to be released next week

Lots of articles out there on what to look out for but most common are:

- Oil leaking on the mag ride (£1k per corner to replace)
- AC unit blows only warm air (£3k-£5k engine out job on v8)
- Get a PPI

If you Google "Audi R8 buyers guides" you'll find a few as well as a load of advice on here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a great idea!

Ive only had mine for about a month and noticed there doesnt seem to be any 'social scene' with the R8's.

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all,

Sounds like a great idea - are prospective buyers allowed to join? I'm currently in the market for an R8.

The other issue with the current page is also that it is 100% public. I purposely haven't posted in there with my 'want' for an R8 as the rest of my Facebook friends would see; not really something that I wish to advertise to some friends/colleagues. A closed group would combat this nicely.

Will keep eyes on this thread.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The plan is for it to be for owners only.

There are plenty of open resources available to help with purchasing etc. and there’s no plans to shut the existing page down either.

Unfortunately we can’t please everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts