Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a call early this evening from my Audi dealer.

They're expecting their customer order packs in the next few days ... which will all be individually numbered and named ... no doubt in line with either your position on the dealer waiting list ... or maybe even in line with your position on the overall UK waiting list ... we'll have to wait and see.

No mention was made of an additional deposit ... with only a £1,500 refundable deposit down ... I've been waiting on a call from the dealer requesting an additional deposit ... as referred to in this thread ... unless being an existing and early customer with a 2006 RS4 and having been a new Audi purchaser since before then ... maybe they don't feel the need to challenge my seriousness by requesting an additional deposit ... :confused:

Has anyone else been contacted and been told to expect an invitation to go in and order their R8 ... :confused:

·
Registered
190 Posts
You got my pack today,

Lovely black box, inside there is a silver hard cover book, numbered. looks like only 500 people will have these. Ordering brochure is there aswell and an official ordering form.

Good news is that you can make changes and if extra arrive before launch we get to have these added.

Only been able to have a quick look through, ill have a proper look tomorrow.

Its getting exciting now!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You got my pack today,

Lovely black box, inside there is a silver hard cover book, numbered. looks like only 500 people will have these. Ordering brochure is there aswell and an official ordering form.
From what I've heard there are just under 800 R8's with customer names on the waiting list (as at mid November), each of these will get a pack so I think the number of packs will be more than 500 ... also the additional names that are appearing on the list for new R8 deposits will get a pack made up in their name as and when the deposit if processed (currently I underrstand that the list is over 900 R8 deposits long).

However, with only 400 customer cars destined for the UK in 2007, less than half the cars ordered by the end of this year will arrive in customers hands in 2007.
Good news is that you can make changes and if extra arrive before launch we get to have these added.
I take it you are referring to the ability to change the cars specification before it is due to be built ... i.e. if red seats are available before October 2007, you can get them earlier ... or if ceramic brakes, or LED headlights, are available before your R8 is built ... you can update your order and change the specification ... :confused:
Only been able to have a quick look through, ill have a proper look tomorrow.

Its getting exciting now!
Lucky you! ... and yes, it is getting exciting now ... although once you've gone through the order process I think the excitment will dull down a bit ... until the availability of new options comes about ... much as I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on my own R8 I'd love to be able to specify ceramic brakes and LED headlights ... although I seem to recall one Audi person saying that a full LED headlight setup is not even legal in the UK under current regulations ... :confused:

·
Registered
190 Posts
From what I've heard there are just under 800 R8's with customer names on the waiting list (as at mid November), each of these will get a pack so I think the number of packs will be more than 500 ... also the additional names that are appearing on the list for new R8 deposits will get a pack made up in their name as and when the deposit if processed (currently I underrstand that the list is over 900 R8 deposits long).

However, with only 400 customer cars destined for the UK in 2007, less than half the cars ordered by the end of this year will arrive in customers hands in 2007.
well the book is only numbered to 500 ie xxx/500. so maybe the newer orders will get a version two book. the dealer also told me the deposits are over 900 aswell so it seems that is true

I take it you are referring to the ability to change the cars specification before it is due to be built ... i.e. if red seats are available before October 2007, you can get them earlier ... or if ceramic brakes, or LED headlights, are available before your R8 is built ... you can update your order and change the specification ... :confused:
thats correct i am referring to the ability to change specs on the cars, in the brouchure its along the lines of if additional equipment becomes available you can add or modify the option. ....now red seats, thats an idea!

It does state you can update the order.

Lucky you! ... and yes, it is getting exciting now ... although once you've gone through the order process I think the excitment will dull down a bit ... until the availability of new options comes about ... much as I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on my own R8 I'd love to be able to specify ceramic brakes and LED headlights ... although I seem to recall one Audi person saying that a full LED headlight setup is not even legal in the UK under current regulations ... :confused:
not sure about the legal issues on the LED lights, i thought these issues were overcome as you now get many cars with LED rear lights. I remember this issue being discussed when the first BMW's arrived with LED rear lights.

Ceramic brakes are not mentioned at all, and if you want LEDs in the engine and footwells it is possible.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the book is only numbered to 500 ie xxx/500. so maybe the newer orders will get a version two book. the dealer also told me the deposits are over 900 aswell so it seems that is true
So ... come on then ... spill the beans ... what number is on your pack ... :confused:

·
Registered
190 Posts
here is some quick pics ive taken of the stuff that came through.

All the prices are in the brouchures but as you will all soon have the same stuff through didnt think its worth me sitting here on a saturday night scanning the brochure.

the box

hard bound book

brochure

side blade option

all looks very nice and there is quite a few options that we can have.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I chased my dealer, who said their info packs weren't due in till later this week!

Hurrumph.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Paul,
Do not think it means too much about the numbering system, but they were certainly not named I got Book no 6 in the uK doesn't mean thats the car number I think, there must be a lot of dealer cars before customer cars for instance.

·
Registered
564 Posts
but that borchure seems to look like the standard R8 brochure... even available on the net??... I got the same from my dealer 2-3 months ago... :confused: is there no really "special" thing never seen in this box? :confused:
(sry TT, dont want to spoil anything.. but it just seems that there is no common approach/goal Audi is making in the diff regions...)

come on, its only around 3000 cars.. cant be that hard to organize that...

anyway - i just want to have mine in may, and i am satisfied... dont want led or ceramic... just give me my manual, black with silver SBs devil car and i will drive happily ever after... :D :D

PS: Paul.. I did not drink :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts