Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a used R8 from UK to import back to my country. Can you please recommend a good mechanic for a pre purchase inspection? One that does the engine compression test would be ideal. The car I have my eye on is from a dealer at Derbyshire. Also can an Audi dealer for a fee, inspect the car and give it the approved used warranty? BTW the car is a 57 plate with 5000 miles.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi,

I'm buying a car from an Audi dealer up North - 200 miles from me - as we speak.

They HAVE to carry out a full used Audi inspection before they can sell a car AND there is a 3 year warranty that you still have a year on. I would say that an independent inspection is thus not required.

Due to the nature of dealer requirements we agreed a price and then they were obliged to put on new tires and brakes all round! And a full service just to be sure!!! My experience has been superb with the dealer and so I hope you get the same treatment.

Edited to say: all this is irrelevant if you are not buying from an Audi Franchised dealer.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Most Audi franchise dealers in the UK are pretty good from my experience but the ones with an R8 approved technician and servicing facilities are obviously that little bit better.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
If the tires and brakes are low miles I would ask to keep them and you also save some landfill/pollution . New tires I have heard of ...but new pads?? Must have over 10k miles/12 mo. :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
mines done 15000 mls on original tyres and I reckon the rears will last another 5000 maybe, the fronts are about half worn.

·
Registered
518 Posts
mines done 15000 mls on original tyres and I reckon the rears will last another 5000 maybe, the fronts are about half worn.
Mine were changed not because they were at end of life, but because the dealer stated they were obliged to do so as part of the approved used R8 process. Good stuff, I say :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Which dealer in Debry's mate?? i live in Derby's, went to look at one the other day, Mansfield, A38 Motors, Black with SIlver blades (my 2nd choice of car). And where are you shipping to ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts