Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to my local dealer today, to find out if I had a build week for my car yet. Sadly the answer was no ,but he advised that as far as they had been advised, the UK builds are ahead of schedule. Good news if you are as poor at patience as I am. Still looks like late Oct 07 for me tho'. Has anyone had their car early??

·
Registered
718 Posts
Point taken JeanP !

But, true in my case.

Mine will be 5 weeks early.......

Originally advised "late September".

It has now arrived in Uk and is in transit from the port to the dealer.

This has caused a few issues as the piggy bank is having to be raided earlier than anticipated...................

·
Registered
149 Posts
Point taken JeanP !

But, true in my case.

This has caused a few issues as the piggy bank is having to be raided earlier than anticipated...................
Judging by the date of your order - that makes your car about a month late by my reckoning. That is if you believe all this strict date order allocation and no preferential treatment bull****. Seems like the story is unravelling in Switzerland as well with "prime clients" (I thought I was one of those) getting early cars and early exclusive options as well. Best to think positive - car is on its way and this fiasco wont happen again - well not until the V10 arrives anyway.
John

·
Registered
311 Posts

I had exactly the same experience. I was told delivery approx mid August. I emailed Nicki Shaw at Audi mid July to enquire if there was a precise build date/and or delivery date. Nicki emailed back to say thet the car had been delivered to the dealer that morning...you could have knocked me down with a feather. Whilst very pleased that the car was ready, I realised that I had to organise trade-ins & finance, insurance etc. Not something you want to rush, so whilst I was pleased I could have done with a little more warning to make the process a little less hectic. This was clearly an Audi problem (probably AG rather than UK) as I don't think the dealer had access to proper timely information. So the upshot of this if you want at least some decent info go to the R8 desk first and dealer second.

·
Registered
718 Posts
JeanP,

Bear in mind that mine is also an exclusive colour, so that can delay matters. So, I cannot complain if the strict chronological order was not 100% followed.

But, RM is correct. Liase with the R8 team first and the dealer second.

The team told me that they placed orders with Audi AG in strict chronological sequence, but that the factory may choose to built them in slightly different order (eg group together cars of a similar spec) for production reasons. UK has no control over AG in this regards.

P.S. My order date for V10 was Aug 04, so I'd better get one of the first !!!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
No, its already on another thread.

Sprint Blue with Oxygen silver sideblades. Photos follow on 1st September (waiting for the 57 plate)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like my dealer was on the money then, and cars are getting here early. I have been very pleased with the level of info and involvement from my dealer from the outset. They also were able to advise that certain things in the spec could delay your order such as certain paint colours and s tronic transmission. One of the orders locally wanted jet blue paint/silver blade and s tronic . He was ahead of me in the queue but has been told Q1 08 and I have been told Q4 07 . I suspect therefore that the strict "date ordered" policy may not be being strictly adhered to.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spoke to my Dealer today. I had been told late October/ early November. In view of the early deliveries some of you guys have had I was hopeful of a pleasant surprise. Nae luck as we say up here! Still late Oct/early Nov......oh the pain...:( :( :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
My dealer had five R8's all schedluled for delivery to him during the last week of August. Numbers 3 and 4 came on time but the other three were two weeks late. Needless to say, mine was number 1 and one of the late ones but it has been promised me for the 13th September - can't wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts