Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My audi dealership tells me that there may be some specific UK dealerships nominated to sell the R8, rather than it being available through all of them. That'd make sense I guess.

I've been really happy with my dealerships for my two S4's, so I kinda hope they get the gig, but...

Seeya
James

·
Registered
840 Posts
My audi dealership tells me that there may be some specific UK dealerships nominated to sell the R8, rather than it being available through all of them. That'd make sense I guess.
I would have thought that any dealerships will be able to take your deposit ... but maybe they will limit which dealers actually sell the R8 ... time will tell ... as they say.

I think it's safe to say that any dealership selling the R8 will be limited on how many they can sell ... after all ... they won't be making anywhere near the number of R8s as they will TTs ... I think even the RS4 was limited to allocated numbers that each dealership could sell ... but probably not as limited as the R8 will be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm #3 on the waiting list at my dealer, apparently. Just wondering about what they said because it may well be sensible to get on a list for a dealer that is going to get the gig than otherwise - if what they've told me is accurate

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not true guys.

They are doing this the same way as limited edition vehicles -original RS4, RS2 etc etc.

Any dealer can order a car. If fact, they try to stop a few dealers selling all the cars !

As you've seen from other threads, Audi want the dealers to send it details of ordering customer, amount of deposit and DATE OF ORDER. They then work out allocation on this
basis.

Ordering a car now from a dealer is a waste of time.

According to the press (Autocar), they have taken over 500 deposits for 400 UK allocated cars.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not true guys.

They are doing this the same way as limited edition vehicles -original RS4, RS2 etc etc.

Any dealer can order a car. If fact, they try to stop a few dealers selling all the cars !

As you've seen from other threads, Audi want the dealers to send it details of ordering customer, amount of deposit and DATE OF ORDER. They then work out allocation on this
basis.

Ordering a car now from a dealer is a waste of time.

According to the press (Autocar), they have taken over 500 deposits for 400 UK allocated cars.
I wonder if the 400 allocated will be the total number of V8 R8s for the UK period, or if that will be the total number of R8s sold in the UK in the first year of production :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
actually only certain dealership are getting the r8... the dealership has to be certified by audi.... only dealership with a showroom that can show off the r8 and has a specific workshop to do repair maintence ect on the r8 can recieve allocations of r8.

·
Registered
840 Posts
actually only certain dealership are getting the r8... the dealership has to be certified by audi.... only dealership with a showroom that can show off the r8 and has a specific workshop to do repair maintence ect on the r8 can recieve allocations of r8.
I'd expect that to be the majority of them then :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts