Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next few weeks will be very interesting, because the above is probably the main reason for the delay in literature, specs & pricing yet alone telling us all where we are on "THE LIST"
Regarding the waiting list ... how do you find out where you are on the UK list ... it's all very well that my dealer has told me I'm first on their list ... but he doesn't seem able to tell me where I am on the UK list ... only talking about the allocation of cars to the dealership being an issue as to when I might take delivery of my R8.

So ... has anyone any idea of who to contact in a bid to find out where on the UK waiting list each of us might be ... :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was told by my dealer that the only contact details he has for the R8 team is by e-mail only.
get your dealer to try this but i'm still waiting for some answers
there not very quick to responed

·
Registered
617 Posts
After the London unveiling at Docklands, I phoned the R8 direct sales no (which was on the press release pack we all got) to enquire about my position on the national sales list. I was politely told that it was being collated at this moment and if I left my number somebody would ring me back when they had this new list. Also the list was not solely based on when you parted with hard cash but when your dealer had put your name on the national register, although most of the time this was when a deposit was paid. Reading between the lines if you are well known or a very good regular customer you could jump the list before parting with any cash.

Oh! by the way I am still waiting for my phone call from Audi as promised a few weeks ago !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does seem that Audi are a bit hit and miss with the flow of information ... it seems like there is either a small amount of information on its way ... which having come out ... there seems to be no one who knows anything about anything really ... I've heard nothing back after asking about a possible factory visit ... the UK waiting list seems to be a bit of a red herring if you speak to anyone at an Audi dealership ... but you would have to think there is one somewhere ... else how can someone be told where they are on it ... all a bit confusing really.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have just been on an Audi UK track day at Silverstone, run 13-16th november. Cars driven were TT 3.2, RS4, S6, S8.

The R8 was there on display (but not for driving !).

A couple of the Audi senior marketing people were there, including Jeremy Hicks (Audi Marketing Director).

I asked him the question and asked my position on the list.

Cars will be allocated and delivered in chronological order, based on date order/deposit was received with the dealer.

There is no "dealer allocation" as such.

He also said that we would all get a letter with an update as to the delivery situation "soon".

As to the alleged deposit of £10K, they do not want to upset loyal customers, but also do not want speculators. There is nothing official on the deposit or policy yet, but you might find there is some leeway on this..........

·
Registered
41 Posts
The fact that they don't give you straight answers about when you can expect your car is complete bullshit. If I am going to be paying a company $100,000 than I expect to know exact details about my order and when I can expect to get it.

The Audi dealership I wrote to here said they will be available in third quarter 2007 and to place an order a few months before that so you don't have to wait too long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts