Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R8 Gated V10 Emerald Green/Nougat
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, I recently had an investment opportunity presented to me and thus I am looking into selling my 2015 exclusive R8 gated manual v10 in emerald green mica over nougat. This car was special ordered through the Audi Exclusive program and is the only exclusive-paint facelift gated v10 I’m aware of in the US. It is the only R8 ever produced in this breathtaking color.

-2015 facelift example
-V10
-Gated manual transmission
-Exclusive order in emerald green mica over nougat brown interior
-42k miles
-Clean title and carfax
-Black optics package including grille, exhaust tips and upgraded badging
-Included upgrades: Fabspeed exhaust system, k&n intake system with smooth tubes

I believe this car to be one of the most collectible examples ever produced. The paint is absolutely stunning in person and changes tones with the light source. It has a lot of character and stands out in a sea of supercars.

The original owner ordered this car through the exclusive program and detailed his Euro delivery and subsequent drive through Germany to port in the Fall 2015 edition of Audi Quattro Quarterly (a copy will be included with the sale). Through our communication he has become a friend, and with his permission I’m happy to put you in touch. He was also an active member here and absolutely adored the car. His only purpose for selling it was to fund a medical non-profit.

The car is currently at 42k miles. The original owner made multiple trips from NC to Vegas and back within the first two years of ownership. Most of the miles are highway miles and in no way is the condition of the car reflected by the mileage. The exterior is immaculate, with paint protection film covering a good bit of the front end and lower sides. The interior is equally immaculate with zero wear even on the seat bolsters. It still smells like a brand new car.

The car has a clean carfax with no stories. It had a major service at 38k miles and currently needs nothing. I have conducted 2 oil changes since taking ownership in January 2020. The clutch is strong, the engine runs smoothly, and the transmission shifts like butter. The car runs and drives like a brand new car.

Factory options included are the carbon fiber sigma side blades (currently covered in matte ppf), matte carbon fiber interior trim, nougat brown interior with contrast stitching, and the exclusive emerald green mica paint.

The exhaust has been upgraded to a fabspeed system and the intake is a smooth tube k&n. Everything else will be stock. I can also include any of the aftermarket components I've installed for a fraction of their cost. Original wheels are mint with excellent Michelin PS4 tires.

I am listing my r8 at $180k in stock form. Below I have provided a link to my build thread on the car. I believe this will offer insight into how particular and detailed I am with all of my cars. All modifications done were/are completely reversible, and most are oem components.

If you are interested in buying, shoot me a message or email me at trinitt[email protected]. The car is located in Birmingham, AL.

This car is a unicorn and I know it won’t be for everyone. I’m confident this is a one-time opportunity in life to own such a rare and desirable spec r8. I don’t view any R8 value as being particularly susceptible to mileage, as long as it has been properly cared for. I have seen cars with less mileage in nowhere near as good condition. I am also aware you can buy a pre-facelift in a standard color with less miles for less money, but in either case I believe you are getting what you pay for.

Link to Emerald R8 Build Thread
Link to Flickr Photo Account

Components that can be included:

-Mclaren Senna Carbon Monocoque seats with nougat alcantara inserts
-Oem carbon ceramic brakes
-Oem gt spoiler/wing assembly with base plate
-Oem competition diffuser with integrated rear fog
-Oem carbon fiber door sills
-Audi R8 Etron concept carbon/billet side view mirrors
-Maxton front and side splitters
-Lamborghini Performante titanium lug bolts
-Several wheel sets including: BBS FI-R, Volk TE37

Stock:

Upgraded:

·
Registered
175 Posts
My take is that you may get a better price taking this to auction. It is too special of a car to just list normally. Love it by the way and you should have no problem getting $180K for it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
definetly go the BAT route. its been 3+ weeks since the last r8 auction. i'm sure this will find the right set of buyers on there

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you decide to go the BaT route, it will take about 5 - 6 weeks from the time you start filling out the submission to the time the auction goes live. Also my unicorn will be on there within the next 3 weeks. The process is slow and you have to be patient.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve listed there before which is why I’d prefer not to list it there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fooser your low mileage Grey car will crush this green high mile R8. I would bet yours will sell over 200k where I think this one would be lucky to bring 140. The values drop like a rock above 25,000 miles and the OP thinks this car back to 100% stock will bring 180k because its green. I think he's dreaming. The color is not worth 50k
Well i will say that nothings impossible coloured cars are going for more money then u think these days you are right about miles being on the higher end but there may be a little nicer way of putting it then your bluntness lol if some of you may recall there was a week during peek covid where 2 identical year and mile garllardo's went for sale both stick one silver and one green the green sold for 44,000 more then the silver

·
Registered
2008 997 Turbo
34 Posts
Well i will say that nothings impossible coloured cars are going for more money then u think these days you are right about miles being on the higher end but there may be a little nicer way of putting it then your bluntness lol if some of you may recall there was a week during peek covid where 2 identical year and mile garllardo's went for sale both stick one silver and one green the green sold for 44,000 more then the silver
I agree that a unique color should bring more but not 40-50k. The Gallardo is very popular in Green and kind of a classic color for a Lamborghini plus its much more of a rare find in a stick. I think I'm being kind at 140k with 42,000 miles but time will tell. Don't mean to be blunt but I call it like I see it. I hope I'm wrong, it will help all R8 values.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It’s not just the fact that it’s a unique color; it’s also the fact that it’s a facelift (only 80-something gated facelift cars ever produced, far rarer than finding a manual gallardo contrary to your assertion) and it’s in immaculate condition. Condition matters more than mileage, and with plenty of actually high-mileage examples (100k+) out there with no inherent problems, these cars just aren’t susceptible to mileage the way most exotics are.

The color is worth the extra to me, and in my experience I’m rarely the only one who thinks the way I do. But you’re comparing it to cars it isn’t really comparable to, and being a one-off example makes that difficult to do. You’re considering trade-offs as you see fit, but while you’re willing to accept a boring color offering, many, like myself, are not so easily excited.

This is not to mention that before the covid craze, I was discussing the sale of this car at my listed price before I pulled the plug. I’m sure the member could chime in. If I listed this car for $140k, it would be sold within 5 minutes. In fact I already know at least two people who would wire it today.

In any case, you should know better than to dump in someone’s sale thread, especially when you’re in the market for one of these cars. Just because it’s not a car YOU would spend this money on, doesn’t mean nobody would. In fact out of dozens of replies in the various venues I’ve listed this car, you’re the only person who’s had anything negative to say, and frankly you seem to be the least familiar with values.

Lastly, please see rule +6 as it directly applies to you:
6) Please be polite when responding to advertisements. Requests for information and factual clarifications are appropriate; gratuitous criticisms of the seller's items and pricing, or other thread hijacks which may adversely affect the ability to sell, are not welcomeand may be edited or deleted. Please consider how you would feel if the comment you are about to post was placed by someone else in your own advertisement!

·
Registered
133 Posts
It’s not just the fact that it’s a unique color; it’s also the fact that it’s a facelift (only 80-something gated facelift cars ever produced, far rarer than finding a manual gallardo contrary to your assertion) and it’s in immaculate condition. Condition matters more than mileage, and with plenty of actually high-mileage examples (100k+) out there with no inherent problems, these cars just aren’t susceptible to mileage the way most exotics are.

The color is worth the extra to me, and in my experience I’m rarely the only one who thinks the way I do. But you’re comparing it to cars it isn’t really comparable to, and being a one-off example makes that difficult to do. You’re considering trade-offs as you see fit, but while you’re willing to accept a boring color offering, many, like myself, are not so easily excited.

This is not to mention that before the covid craze, I was discussing the sale of this car at my listed price before I pulled the plug. I’m sure the member could chime in. If I listed this car for $140k, it would be sold within 5 minutes. In fact I already know at least two people who would wire it today.

In any case, you should know better than to **** in someone’s sale thread, especially when you’re in the market for one of these cars. Just because it’s not a car YOU would spend this money on, doesn’t mean nobody would. In fact out of dozens of replies in the various venues I’ve listed this car, you’re the only person who’s had anything to negative to say, and frankly you seem to be the least familiar with values.

Lastly, please see rule +6 as it directly applies to you:
6) Please be polite when responding to advertisements. Requests for information and factual clarifications are appropriate; gratuitous criticisms of the seller's items and pricing, or other thread hijacks which may adversely affect the ability to sell, are not welcomeand may be edited or deleted. Please consider how you would feel if the comment you are about to post was placed by someone else in your own advertisement!
👏👏👏👏👏👏

·
Registered
117 Posts
I personally hope you get what your asking. The 2015 V10 manual coupes are very rare (only 35 imported) and you have a unique color. Truly a one of one car! GLWS.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts