Audi R8 Forums banner

unicorn alert or sale...2014 Black R8 V10+ Manual (gated)

16K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  hamannperformance 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright R8Talkers,

I am thinking to list my beautiful 2014 R8 V10+ manual which is extremely rare hence its called "unicorn". I might not be 100% accurate but I think there are only 6 of these babies produced. I am starting bit early and will get quite serious in a month or so. If there is anyone who would to chat or jump on it early please feel free to reach me. Its 90% wrapped in PPF so no nicks or dings on it. I also have all service records and recall records. It goes without saying that this car is garaged and extreme measures are taken for caring it.

No mods made so 100% stock
Added Bluetooth audio thingy to steam music off my iphone
brand new rear and front brakes, carbon ceramic brakes
17K miles on it but still drive it occasionally

Lets chat

I'll post more Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi r8 Automotive design
pictures very soon.

See less See more
#7 ·
deep78 - there were actually 18 V10plus 6MTs (all coupes) sold in the US for 2014; 8 in 2015 and 1 Spyder (Carbon) in 2015...

As for Blacks, which yours looks like : there were 8; 3 Panther, 4 Phantom and 1 Brilliant (Exclusive) - so which one are you?

...0734;0816;2349 (Panthers) : ...0685;0849;1051;2417 (Phantoms): ...or the lonely Brilliant (2030) ??? ;-)

#14 ·
I've been watching the market closely last 6 months. Anytime a facelifted 2014-2015 6mt V10 was listed either on eBay/Cars/Autotrader/Craigslist for over 150k, it was gone within days...

For what it's worth, this is the last manual V10, since Gallardo and last modern gated supercar since F430 and 599.

My buddy plans to list his phantom black 8k mile 2014 Gated V10 in a couple months too.

#17 ·
I own a dealership and have sold 9 R8's in the last two years. I love them so much I always keep one as my own car. For what its worth here is my observation.
Prices are going up on all Manual Transmission V10's. This one with 7100 miles sold for $120k http://gulfcoastexoticauto.com/listing/2011-audi-r8/. The last one we had http://gulfcoastexoticauto.com/listing/2011-audi-r8-2/ with 22,000 miles sold for $108 and we are getting offers on this car http://gulfcoastexoticauto.com/listing/2010-audi-r8-3/ in the &115 range but I'm having a hard time finding a replacement so I'm sticking somewhat firm on price. Those looking for a manual will be upset and those selling one will be happy but the market is what it is. These prices are actually what they sold for and I sold them so its not a theory its a fact. That said any car we sell is perfect in every way or we make it so. Manual r8's with higher miles are considerably less and yes some folks are selling some cheaper but I've been in this business long enough to see a trend and those that dumped their manual V10's cheap are leaving money on the table.
Thanks folks and enjoy your R8's

#22 ·
I am looking for a manual V-10 and have seen (4) under 30K miles sell for under 100K in California in the las 4 months. 155K... Your dreaming. These cars are at the premium right now for lack of another similar manual 6 speed, but what happens in ten-15 or 20 years ? The kids today that want a supercar tomorrow don't even know how to drive a stick shift, because they never have. The paddle shifted auto will be king, The stick is great now but in 5-10 years ,.... Game over.

#23 · (Edited)
Hi RNL
Don't listen to the naysayers. I find most are not R8 owners. Just wantabes that are just wishing prices were at a level they could afford. I've seen bla bla bla selling for X. I've had 9 R8's on the lot in the last 24 months and prices are going up. Last three I've sold are listed earlier in this thread. A V10+ with low miles will go for huge money in the future. I remember back in 2006-2007 my buddy had a Ferrari F430 manual and when he sold it everyone on the Ferrari forum told him its worth less than the F1 transmission because no one in the future will want them. That car today commands a 50k premium. In 20 years they will still be worth more. People that collect cars are not kids that go out and drive them they are wealthy individuals that have the income and want something rare. Also a bunch of 20-30 year old motor heads drive sport bikes today and last time I looked they are not automatics. When these kids become wealthy they will pay a huge premium for your Black V10+

#24 ·
Hey brother. I have one of the 2014 panther unicorns. Don't listen to the knuckleheads speculating about future prices. Anyone could be correct about them being up or down in 10-20 years. Really, who gives a ****? You bought the car because it appealed to you, it is rare and and beautiful.
I paid 135 a year ago and had two offers in June, unsolicited for 150, sight unseen from dealers. You know they are making their vig so I can guarantee the right people, who know what these cars are worth are paying 10% above that. In the meantime, think twice about letting it go and don't waste your time on the wannabes

#34 ·
It's getting a little frustrating having to always figure out who is an honest owner and who is masquerading as one. There should be some type of "verified" tag on user accounts similar to that of the verified check mark on Twitter. This would prevent BS (fraudulent) private sales of parts as well.

Happy to help implement this feature. :)

#38 · (Edited)
#39 · (Edited)
Here's a deal for one - don't have VIN, don't know if the owner's been here, seems so - speaks with some knowledge ... $138K Hawaii - 35K miles Daytona - could be a great deal right now - if you ask me - let's see how long it lasts ...

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/773639642/overview/
At the current USA/UK conversion rate that equates to around £110,000 GBP - for that you can buy two Gen 1 manual V10s in grey, same mileage albeit earlier 2011/12 models! Or a nearly new Gen 2 with 1,000 miles on the clock!

Unless I'm doing my conversions wrong, that is a ridiculous price when compared with the UK.

#40 ·
But how many V10 pluses 6MT are in the UK ? My guess : 9, now see what THAT does to asking price.
or maybe y'all don't mind that there are only 9 ...and NO more.

#41 · (Edited)
I’m sure it would put the price up but it wouldn’t double it.

Was merely an observation between US and UK prices and not a comment whether the US car is cheap or expensive for the local market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 ·
No one here has checked this car out? As for all the talk about wanting one, and fury of price expectations, I'm kinda surprised that apparently no one here seems interested ...

#43 ·
LMAO - I hope he gets that price. Would be terrific for all R8 owners. The likelihood of that car, with that mileage, selling (right now) for that price is a long shot.

#45 ·
RNLabas: Please PM me if you see this. Your box is full. Thanks.

#46 ·
Cleaned up my box sorry ... the only car I’m aware of is the one in Hawaii that I mentioned earlier. I’m NOT a broker of any kind and don’t charge to help anyone - I’m just an Audi fan and Sport Ambassador at a dealership.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.